spidey senses

My name is Tom. Some people call me TJ because my middle name is James. Thomas, Tom, Tj, Tommy, Tommy James. I have lots of nicknames. I'm a reporter at the Daily Bugle. All we ever do is cover stories about Spiderman. Sadly, my boss, and the face of our company, J. Jonah Jameson, hates Spiderman. Calls him a menace constantly. When I pass him in the halls I hear him mutter about things Spiderman has done. Right now, I'm working on a Spiderman appreciation story. I know my boss won't like it, but it has to be done.

I snapped another picture of Spiderman swinging by. I looked at my camera. Shoot. It's blurry. It's nearly impossible to get any good pictures of him unless he's held still. And that sounds easier than it is, he's always on the go. I'm just going to have to call and get an appointment I guess. I put my camera back in it's case, and started my walk home. I have a lot of work to do.

  * Tord *

I shot my webs onto a nearby building swinging downtown. I just got reports of a mugging happening nearby. Despite having powers, I'm a pretty smart guy, and I was able to tap into the frequency of the police radios. I'm notified of every crime that happens in New York.

I dropped to the ground landing on my feet. Three guys have a lady cornered. The middle guy was waving a gun in her face. She gasped once she saw me. "Spiderman!" She called. The guys looked toward me.

"Hey, are we having a party? Why wasn't I invited?" I said, bringing one guys head down on my knee. He's out cold. The one with the gun shakily aims at me and squeezed the trigger. I  pulled myself out of the way by attaching my webs to the alley wall next to me. I pushed off of the wall, and kicked the guy in the face. He hit the ground hard. I glanced at the third guy, and he was running. I helped the woman up.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" I asked. She nodded, in awe.

"Th-thank you. You saved my life!" I smiled, even if she couldn't see it.

"It's all part of my job!" I swung away, hoping that lady would be okay on her own. I felt my phone buzz. A message from Tom. He's my bestfriend, but he doesn't know that I'm spiderman. Nobody does.

'Hey, I gotta get an interview with Spidey, any ideas?' Tord laughed gently. Yeah, he had a few ideas.

'Yea sure, leave it to me. Anytime you want to meet him?'

'Literally anytime would be great.'

'How about right now?'

'Tord, you're a legend. Can we meet on the roof of my apartment?'

'Ik, thank me later ;) you've got an interview with the amazing spiderman.'

Tord put his phone in his pocket, turning it on silent. He headed over to Tom's apartment. Once Tom opened the door leading to the roof, Spiderman was already there.

"Hey, a little birdie told me that you wanted an interview." Tom nodded, in awe.

"Did Tord somehow send you here? I was talking to him not even five minutes ago." Spiderman nodded.

"Let's start this interview, then?" Tom nodded.

"Can I get s picture for the cover?" He put up a peace sign. Tom chuckled quietly, and said something along the lines of 'you're a dork.' He snapped a photo anyways.

"Okay, can I ask you some questions?" Honestly, Tom couldn't believe that he got an interview. How on earth did Tord do it? Were these two friends on Facebook or something?

"Yeah, sure, fire away." Spiderman just hoped he wouldn't ask to many personal questions.

"How old are you?"

"Classified."

"Where do you work when you're not doing hero work?"

"Classified."

"What do you do when you're not fighting crime?" Now there was one he could answer.

"Well, when I'm not fighting crime, I usually swing around the neighborhood just seeing if I can help anyone else out. I go check on work, and I also check on family. That's about it until I have to go again."

"Wow. You've got a pretty busy life. Do you regret any of it? Becoming a superhero?"

"No. Not at all. If I have a chance to help somebody whether in my spidey outfit, or not, guaranteed, I will help them. Even if it's something small, I will be there to help. After all, I'm your friendly neighborhood spiderman!" Tom smiled, taking another picture.

"You're a good man, spidey." Tom couldn't see it, but he was smiling under the mask. Just then a large explosion rang out.

"Duty calls, see you later Tom!" He swung away. Strange. He never told Spiderman his name. And there was something familiar about how he said that phrase.

Tom walked to the door, and walked down the stairs to his own room. He opened his laptop and plugged his camera into the laptop, transferring the photos. He started typing about Spiderman, and the things he's done.

'Is Spiderman a hero, or a neighborhood menace like some say? An interview with Spiderman himself might reveal the answer. Long time reporter, Thomas James, asks, "What do you do when you're not fighting big time villains and thugs?" Spiderman, often called 'The Amazing Spiderman' is a dork, lovable and fun, and all out an amazing-

Tom stopped writing when he saw what he had written. Oops. Delete that. Tom accidentally wrote what he was thinking. Tom sighed, and finished up the short article. Since his boss hated Spiderman, he was only allowed to write a very short paragraph or two about him.

Tom shut his laptop, and decided to pay a visit to his good friend Tord. Tord was always a good person to talk to. So, Tom packed up his camera and started the walk to Tord's apartment.

Once he arrived, he knocked on the door. Tord's Aunt May answered. "Oh, hello, Tom. Come in, I'm sure Tord is in his room, like always. If he isn't, you can just wait there, he'll show up soon." Tom smiled. Aunt May was the nicest lady.

"Thank you, May." Tom walked into Tord's room, sitting on the bed. He looked through the photos that he got of Spiderman. There was a creak from the window. Tom whipped around, to see a red hand pushing the window open. He crawled in, walking on the ceiling. Spiderman?! What was he doing in Tord's house. Spiderman took  of his mask, tossing it on the ground.

Tord hopped off the ceiling, with a sigh. He turned around and froze, when he saw Tom, with a shocked expression. "No! Don't say anything. May will hear you."

"Wh- Tord?! You're Spiderman?!!" Tom whisper shouted. Tord sighed, putting his head in his hands, nodding. "That's crazy! I can get so much Spiderman information from you for my reports!"

"I'm assuming you're not going to expose me to the world, right?" He asked with sarcastic jazz hands. Tom nodded.

"What's your suit made out of? It's pretty much impossible to tell it's you in that." Tom said, feeling the texture of the suit.

"That was the point. It-" Tord was cut off, by his mask, going off with a crime report. He installed the radio in his mask so he could hear the reports clearly. "As you can see, I've got to go." Tord hopped onto the ceiling, pulling his mask on.

"Wait!" Tom said. Tom pulled the mask up to Tord's nose, and kissed him, upside down. Spiderman kiss. Tom pulled back, fixing his mask. "Okay, I'll see you later." He said, watching Tord regain himself, and swing out the window.