milk

(I don't know anything about coffee)

I walked into a coffee shop that I hadn't been to before. There was a guy at the counter a bit taller than I was. I walked up and smiled at him. He smiled back, and cheerfully said

"Hi, how can I help you?" I quickly looked over the menu. (It was sitting on the counter) and decided to not go with anything on there, and get my favorite coffee.

"Hi, can I just get coffee with sugar and almond milk?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, we don't have almond milk. Is there anything else you'd like? Are you alright with regular milk?" He seemed really nice. Or maybe he's just trying to do his job well.

"I'm lactose intolerant. Is there anything besides regular milk?" He nodded. He pulled out a little paper, with lactose intolerant options. It was a little paper, because there was only one option on it.

"We have lactose free milk." I nodded holding in laughter. He smiled, and walked over to the back area to make the coffee. I stood at the counter just waiting. He was a nice guy, and honestly. He looked cute, and he's also  kind of funny.

"Here you are, sir, your total is three fifty." I handed him four dollars, and walked out of the shop. I smiled, taking a sip of my coffee. It tasted kind of weird, but I didn't mind. I would definitely have to go back to that coffee shop.

the next day

I walked into the coffee shop again. I came roughly about the same time as yesterday. As I walked in, I saw the same guy working there. He smiled at me widely. He looked.. happy to see me? that's really cute.

"Hi, welcome back!" He sounded actually happy this time. I smiled and nodded. "What would you like?"

..you.

"Do you have.. almond milk?" I knew they didn't I was just saying it to mess with this guy. He smiled.

"I don't know, let me check." He walked over to the fridge area. From over there, he yelled to me. "No, we only have regular milk, and lactose free milk." I sighed dramatically as he walked back over to the counter.

"Who do I have to kill for some almond milk? Lactose free is fine." He nodded, and started making my coffee. I watched him work, a smile on my face. I wouldn't mind hanging out with him. He's really nice. He came back to the counter with a cup of coffee in hand.

"That'll be three dollars and fifty cents." He said. I handed him four dollars. Took my coffee, and walked out the door.

The coffee still tasted strange. It's fine, I can get used to lactose free milk. It doesn't taste bad, just a bit weird.

another day later.

I walked into the coffee shop, and walked up to the counter. The guy behind the counter smiled.

"Am I going to be seeing you here every day?" I shrugged. Smiling smugly.

"Only on the days you come in." He laughed. his laugh was so hot. like, suuuper hot. He had an accent that just made his laugh better. I blushed a bit. Can you blame me? "Anyways, what can I get you?" I pretended to think it over for a minute.

"Do you guys have almond milk?" He shook his head, frowning. "What kind of coffee shop are you running here? Not having any almonds?" I said in fake anger.

"I'm sorry, sir. Would you be alright with lactose free milk?" I groaned.

"Fine."

"That's great! I'll get your order to you in just a moment." Like always, I watched him work. Not paying attention to what he was doing, but just watching him. His hair was kind of weird, but I like it. It sticks up. Kind of like horns. He walked back to the counter, and handed me my coffee.

"That's about three fifty." I handed him four dollars, and as I was about to walk away, he grabbed my wrist quickly. I turned back to look at him, confused. "My name is Tord." what a perfect name.

"Oh, I'm Tom! Nice to properly meet you." He nodded, letting go of my wrist. I waved to him, and walked out the door of the coffee shop. I took a sip of my coffee. I was starting to get used to lactose free milk.

Tord is kind of like my lactose free milk. He's strange, but I'm getting used to him, and I like him.

another day later.

I walked into the coffee shop. Tord smiled widely. I smiled back, waving.  I walked up to the counter, leaning on it slightly.

"Hey, Tom, what can I get you?" I gave him a knowing look. He knew I was about to ask him for almond milk. So I did.

"Do you guys have.. almond milk?" He shook his head. I sighed, shaking my head as well. I wasn't really that upset.

"My deepest apologies. We do however have lactose free milk. Is that alright for your refined tastes?" I laughed quietly.

"It will do."

As always, I watched him go to the back, and start making my coffee. I like this guy. A lot. He's honestly just so nice, and funny. Just- he's all out perfect.

He gave me my coffee, bringing me out of my thoughts. I started pulling out four dollars for my coffee.

"That's gonna be two fifty." I looked up at him, smiled mischievously, and handed him four dollars. I took my coffee, and waved to him as I walked towards the door.

"Bye, Tord!" I walked out, and took a sip of my coffee. I stopped walking.

the coffee had almond milk in it.

I walked straight back in the store, to see Tord, leaning on the counter. He was smiling at me like a dork. I walked up to the counter.

"Did you guys get almond milk?" He shook his head.

"Well, you always ask, so I went and got it specially for you." I kind of just stopped functioning properly. My face flushed bright red.

"I.. I don't know how to thank you?? That's so.. so nice." Honestly I was about to start crying over a cup of coffee. He smiled, holding my face in his hand.

"Your welcome." I shakily sighed, and nodded. He let me go, and I walked out the door. I looked down at my coffee cup, and saw a phone number written on the lid of the cup. I looked back at the shop one last time. Tord smiled and winked at me.

My face went a deeper shade of red. I covered my face with one hand, and walked away from the coffee shop.