cheer up, pretty boy

Tom sat on his bed. He's been feeling pretty awful lately. He hasn't had any energy, and hasn't even gotten out of bed unless absolutely necessary. It worried the other members of the house. Edd, Matt, and Tord were all sitting on the couch. They hadn't yet talked about Tom. Tord finally spoke up.

"It's not the same without Tom here." Edd and Matt couldn't help but nod in agreement. "We've got to help him. He's not my favorite person in the world, but I still care about him."

"Whenever I'm sad, soda and a movie always makes me feel better." Matt said, smiling.

"That's not a bad idea. I always draw when I'm upset. I just use my art as a vent, but I doubt Tom would want to do that.." Edd said, a small smile on his face.

"Who knows, maybe that's what he needs right now." Tord said, shrugging. "Would you go grab some papers and pencils? I'm going to try and make him feel better." Tord walked off to the kitchen, opening the fridge. In all honesty, he was trying to avoid telling the other two was makes him happy when he's feeling down. He likes to cuddle with somebody warm. It's kind of pathetic (in Tord's mind) for the supposedly 'tough guy' of the group likes cuddles when he's sad.

Tord sighed, and grabbed a few cans of cola in the fridge. He knew Edd wouldn't mind, because he was helping out his friend. Edd came into the living room, handing Tord the art supplies. Tord thanked him, and walked to Tom's room, gently opening the door.

"Hey, I came prepared to try and make you feel better." Tord said to the mound of blankets on the bed. Tom didn't move. Tord sighed, set down the soda and drawing supplies down. He then picked Tom up, and set him down next to himself. Tord picked up a cola, and put it next to Tom's face. "I'm really trying here. I'd be nice if you actually came out of your blankets." It was silent for a moment. Tord then heard shuffling and Tom's head poked out of the blanket. Tord smiled, and picked up Tom's laptop off of the floor.

"That's better. It's nice to see you. What's your password, we're gonna watch movies." Tom shook his head.

"I don't want to watch movies" He said quietly. Tord smiled, and set Tom's laptop down, closing it. He laid back against the wall of Tom's bed. Tom scooted up and laid next to him.

"Do you want to just lay here for a while?" Tord asked, scooting closer to Tom, and hoping he wouldn't notice. Tom nodded with closed eyes. Tord put his arm around Tom's shoulder, and set his hand in Tom's hair, softly stroking it.

"tord. I don't feel happy anymore." Tom suddenly said after a moment of silence. Tord looked at Tom, and silent tears were streaking down his face. Tord wiped away his tears, and put his head next to Tom's.

"Why do you feel like that?" Tom just shook his head. He was holding back a sob. Tord wrapped both of his arms around Tom.

"I'm here for you. You're alright. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Tom took in a gasp of air, tears still steadily flowing down his face.

"I don't, I don't know why I feel like this. I feel so trapped, and and I don't know how to fix it." He had his hand over his mouth, trying to conceal his crying. Tord frowned gently, grabbing Tom's hand.

"It's okay, Tom. It's okay. It's good to cry, it's a good thing." Tord whispered. "I'm going to help you, okay? We're gonna make you happy again, don't worry." Tom nodded, trying to control his breathing but to no avail.

What else could help Tom? Tord wracked his brain for answers. Come on, what could help?

"jeg har stirret lenge mot horisonten, følt meg trukket mot vannet, det har alltid undret meg." He started singing. It was very quiet, almost a whisper. It caused Tom's sobs to quiet as well. Tom was looking up at him, tears still falling, but silently. Tord didn't like to sing, but here he was. He was singing a well known song, (how far i'll go, Moana) just, Norwegian. 

"skulle gjerne gjort det som forventes, men det er som jeg innhentes, havet kaller på meg. For hver liten ting, hver en sti jeg går, leder hver en sving inntil her jeg står, der er sjelen fri, uforlignelig. Men kan ikke bli." Tord trailed off into silence. Tom was staring at him. His tears had stopped by now. He seemed almost astonished.

"That was really good." Tord looked to the side. He wasn't a good singer. That wasn't just self-doubt, he really was a bad singer. He wasn't very good at taking compliments either. He adjusted himself uncomfortably. 

"Uh, thanks.." Tom laid his head on Tord's shoulder. Tord looked down at him, smiling. He gently rubbed Tom's arm in a rhythmic pattern. Tom rubbed his arm on his face, clearing his tears (and snot) "Don't use your sleeve, there's tissues right here." Tord leaned over and grabbed the tissues that were resting on Tom's nightstand. 

Tom rolled his eyes, but used a tissue nonetheless. He threw it to the side. 

He'd get that later. (He wouldn't)

"There, are you happy?" Tord adjusted again, so Tom was resting higher up. He had slipped down. Tord smiled.

"Not unless you are." Tom put on a fake smile. He just wanted Tord to be happy. Tord put his face really close to Tom's. Noses touching close. Almost too close, but not close enough at the same time. 

"That's a fake smile, I can see it." He said, gently bumping their foreheads together. Tom backed up, startled from the sudden touch. Tord quickly hugged Tom, pushing him down. Tord squeezed him tightly. Tom had the breath knocked out of him from the force of Tord's hug. Tom started laughing, trying to push Tord away. He was still out of breath, so his laughing was more wheezing. 

"Are you happy now?" Tord asked, muffled. His face was hidden in Tom's shoulder. Tom wheezed out a laugh, and nodded. Tears were streaming down his face, but not from sadness. "Why are you crying! I guess I'm just not good enough for you." Tord said, dramatically. Tom wiped his face, calming down. He coughed a few times, but he was fine. 

Tom hugged Tord again, gently this time. 

"Thanks, you're pretty cool." Tord smiled, squeezing him. 

"You're cool too."