red leader

"Tom! I'm not leaving you here!" Edd shouted, trying to help Tom up. There was the sound of distant footsteps. Tom pushed Edd forward. "Edd, just go! For your safety." Edd hugged Tom tightly. "I'll come back for you." He then ran off without a second thought.

Tord and a few of his soldiers came around the corner. Tord quickly helped Tom up, handing him his visor. It had fallen off. Tom adjusted it, and smiled. "Thank you, dear." Tom said. Tord smiled. It very quickly turned into a scowl when he saw his soldiers. "Get back to your stations!" Tord yelled at the soldiers that were 'aww-ing' at the two. They scrambled off quickly.

It was no secret that the two were together. They had gotten married a while back, and although Tord was worried for their safety, because he was a wanted man. He still cared for Tom greatly. He put extra safety precautions to keep Tom safe. A tracker in his visor, and Tom always needs a gun or a knife near him. He didn't want Tom to be targeted because of who he was with.

"Do you think I was overdoing it a bit?" Tom asked, his eyebrows raised up in worry. Tord shook his head. "You were wonderful, my beloved." Tom smiled and held onto Tord's hand tightly, as they walked into his office.

Tord had lots of papers to read and sign. That was mainly one of Tom's jobs. Just to help Tord out with the mountain of paperwork he had almost daily.

Tom grabbed a stack of papers, and sat down next to Tord's desk. Tord had brought in a chair for Tom a while ago, ever since they started working together.

"Not so fast." Tord said, as he walked over to Tom. Tom's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Tord took a chunk of the papers Tom grabbed, and set them back on his own desk. "Don't overwork yourself." Tom scoffed.

"Speak for yourself, look at the stack of papers on your desk!" Tord looked at them, and then looked back at Tom. Tom took a smaller stack of the papers. "Is it okay if I just do these ones?" Tord looked at the papers. He nodded hesitantly.

"If you're tired though, we're stopping immediately." Tom rolled his eyes, sorting out the papers. They both got to work, signing, stamping, and throwing away papers.

"Hey.. do you just want to watch a movie instead of doing these papers?" Tom glared at Tord. He knew that they had to get these papers done. "Come on.. I'll do all of the paperwork tomorrow. I promise." Tom thought about it. A movie does sound better than doing this paperwork.

"Fine. But, I need to go change." He was about to walk out the door, when he looked back at Tord. He was setting up his laptop. "And I get to pick the movie." Tord looked at Tom. He groaned, but he nodded nonetheless. Tom wasn't offended he knew Tord was joking. Tord loves the movies he picks.

It was late, and Tom quickly needed to grab a change of more comfortable clothes, before going back to Tord's room. You'd think that they'd put Tom's clothes in Tord's room, but they just hadn't got to it yet.

Glass was scattered across the floor, as soon as he walked in the room. Who broke in? He slowly reached for the gun in his holster. Suddenly a hand flew out, covering his mouth. Tom turned around quickly, about to punch his attacker in the nose. He stopped himself when he saw the familiar face of Edd.

"Tom! Quickly, we have to go. We don't have much time, I've set up a plan to get you out of here!" Tom would love to go with Edd. If he wasn't married to Tord! "E-Edd, I can't." Tom brought his hand up to his chest, accidentally revealing his wedding ring. "Oh? You're married? It's fine! We can just bring whoever you're married to back to the base with us!" Tom was nervously sweating at this point. "No, Edd, we really can't.."

Just as he said this, the door opened, Tord walked in, carrying some sweat pants and a t-shirt. "Hey, I found something for you to wear⁠-" Tord looked up at the two. "Oh, um.."

"Tord?! You married Tord?!! The RED LEADER?" Tom took a step back to be standing next to Tord. "Well, um, yes..?" He sounded unsure. Tord smiled, and put the clothes on Tom's bed. "Don't worry, Edd, I didn't force him to do anything if that's what you're thinking." Tord said as he took Tom's hand in his own. Tom nodded in agreement. "That's not what I'm angry about! He's the enemy Tom! You're not allowed to seduce the enemy!" Edd groaned, putting his hands on his face. Tord looked at Tom unsurely. Tom shrugged, and squeezed Tord's hand.

"I can let you go..? Give you another chance to take me down..?" Edd sighed lowly, and stepped out of Tom's window, leaving the two alone. Tom went over to his bed and grabbed the clothes that Tord set down earlier. "Well, should we go to watch the movie?" Tord nodded, taking his hand.

Strangely, that wasn't the weirdest thing to happen that day.