i care about you

Maybe harsh language?

Tord had this weird thing about saying 'i love you.' He just wouldn't do it. He wouldn't ever say 'i love you' unless he for sure one hundred percent absolutely knew he loved someone. He hasn't ever said 'i love you' to his boyfriend, Tom. They've been dating for just over a year know. Tom noticed Tord's lack of the phrase and asked him about it. Tord explained that he was just weird with it, and needed time. Tom of course, was fine with it, and Tord replaced 'i love you' with 'i care about you'

Tom sat on the couch, Tord next to him. They were watching some dumb movie about a young romance that would surely end in failure. Tord wrapped his arms around Tom, and firmly pressed his lips against the top of Tom's head. Tom laughed, and moved so Tord was kissing his lips instead. Tord smiled, pressing harder against Tom's lips. The two pulled apart, laughing.

"I care about you, so much, Tom." Tom smile fell slightly. Not that Tord noticed.

"I love you." Tom said, pushing his face into Tord's neck. Tord's smile widened and he squeezed Tom in his arms tightly. Honestly, Tom was a bit disheartened that Tord refused to say 'i love you' but he knew that he needed time.

Tom turned back to the TV, still holding Tord in his arms. The guy (brad) said,"Courtney, I love you." The girl (courtney) turned to brad, with tears in her eyes.

"Brad, I... I love you too." She said in a voice, far too high pitched to be natural. Tord groaned.

"This movie kinda blows." Tord said, "Can we change it to something more believable?"

"Sure. Or, we could watch Mean Girls." Tord smiled, putting the movie on.

"Mean girls is a good movie." Tom and Tord both loved that movie. Tom tightened his hoodie, tying the strings.

"She doesn't even go here!" He said, laughing. Tord snorted, wrapping his arms around Tom.

"I swear, next time we watch this, we're probably going to have the whole movie memorized." Tom nodded.

"That's the plan." The movie started, and they were quietly watching the movie. Well, Tord was.

Tom was just thinking. Tord was such a good boyfriend. He always showered Tom with affection. Tom did the same. There was no doubt that Tom loved Tord.

Because of Tord's lack of the phrase 'I love you' it led Tom to believe that maybe Tord didn't love him. Tom sighed quietly, holding onto Tord's arm.

Tord smiled, glancing at Tom. He cared about the boy dearly. He took the phrase 'I love you' very seriously. Tom and Tord's two year anniversary was tomorrow, and he was sure Tom would forget.

Tom was always really bad with dates. He usually had them written down on his hand, or his calendar. Tom would forget they were there too. That left Tord with keeping the dates in check. Tom would always feel bad saying things like 'I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to forget about our date tonight.' Or 'what can I do to make it up to you?'

Tord knew it wasn't Tom's fault, so he never got mad at him for that. Tord turned his attention back to the movie.

After the movie finished, Tord still wasn't tired. Tom stood up, stretching.

"I'm gonna go to bed, I'm tired." Tom said, putting his hands in his hoodie pocket.

"Are you sure? We can watch another movie if you want to." Tom shook his head.

"I'm just going to go to sleep." Tord smiled.

"Boo, you whore." Tord started laughing (that was a reference to the movie they had just watched. Tom joined Tord, laughing.

"You're such a dork." Tom said, casually flipping Tord off. "Okay, I'm off to bed, I love you, goodnight." Tom made a little heart with his hands.

"Goodnight." Tom turned to go to his room, and frowned. Does Tord even love him?

Once Tom was out of sight, Tord whispered a quiet, "I love you." Tord stood up, walking to his own room, after turning the TV off.

Tom opened his eyes, something on top of him. It was his one and only boyfriend, Tord. He was wide awake.

"Hi, baby." Tord said, smiling at Tom. Tom smiled, pushing Tord off of him.

"You're crushing me, loser!" Tom laughed.

"I was not, I was making sure of it." Tord smiled, kissing Tom. "Hey, guess what today is." Tom's face paled. Did he forget another important date?

Shoot, what's the date today. September.. ninth? What was supposed to happen today? Tom felt like he knew what it was, put he just couldn't remember.

Tord smiled. "It's our anniversary." He whispered to Tom. Tom's eyes widened. That's what it was. Tom got out of bed, taking off his sweatpants, and putting jeans on instead.

"I forgot to get you something so I'm going to go to the store and I'll be back later." Tom said quickly, grabbing his wallet.

"Tom, no!" Tord laughed, grabbing Tom's arm. "Come lay back down, you don't need to get me anything. I figured you'd forget."

Tord pulled Tom back into bed, laying right next to him.

"Man, I'm such a terrible boyfriend. I'm sorry I keep forgetting everything. I'm awful." Tom said, putting his hands on his face. "Two years. How could I forget?" Tom whispered to himself.

"Hey Tom." Tord said, smiling at him. He got right next to Tom's ear. "I love you. You didn't need to get me anything, you're all I need."
Tom turned to Tord, eyes wide. He said it! He really said it!

Tom smiled, wrapping his arms around Tord's neck. "I love you too. I love you so much. I'm sorry I forgot about our anniversary." Tord smiled, kissing Tom.

"I love you, don't forget it." Tom smiled.

"I promise I won't."