Chapter 30: three daughters

Five days later...
I heard whispers coming from my left and right. I could tell two voices were Skye and Sarah because of how much they stood out compared to the other girls. Skye's voice was a mixture of higher pitched vocals and cracks that sounded like the tweeting of a bird. Despite being a griffon, she was still in the harpy family meaning a mischievous/playful side was present in her which could be called out and reduce her to a nervous wreck of birdlike noises.
Sarah had a deeper voice that caused goosebumps to erupt on my skin. I had barely gotten used to this but after a month without hearing the voice I felt as the almost alien tingle worked its way through my body.

"I swear if you ask for five more minutes I will fuck you until I knock you out for another five days." Sarah hissed

I opened my eyes and sat up. Upon looking around the room I noticed skye leaning gently against me and Sarah who sat in a chair that was in front of the bed I was in. Despite this site I could feel that this was far from a warm welcome as Sarah's eyes seemed to cut through me down to my very soul. She stood up and jumped on the bed before crawling towards me with claws that poked from under her fingernails. Skye wrapped her wings around me and copied Sarah's stare. The Cheshire sighed and looked down.

"The monsters here think that me sleeping was a release, this couldn't be more wrong. I could feel the pain, the hunger, and the sadness, that followed your departure. What I felt was everyone's thoughts at once and I awoke the second you came back because I felt as relief seemed to subconsciously wash over those who reside here. I'm not angry with you, I'm just upset that I have to make up with a madwoman to avoid war." Sarah admitted.

"We could easily defeat her, some of her monsters are nicer than you think." I said

Sarah laughed and Skye's grip around me tightened.

"Let me tell you a story. A long time ago there was a family of monsters who enjoyed preying on humans. The mother was a strong sorceress who turned the monsters into humanoid girls. All of them changed to not want men as food, but as lovers; except for one. There were three daughters, one was made of cold blooded creatures and some insects, the other a child of mischief and warm blooded monsters and animals, and the last one being undead, a woman of darkness. The woman of darkness meant well but she had a sadistic side. It started with her creating a child with both manticore and hellhound blood. She then used other strong monsters until she had an apex predator that had a large appetite for spirit energy. When the reptile sister found a husband, the undead one exposed him to her creation. The poor guy almost died and I haven't seen my sister since. As for my other sister, we argued, I haven't seen her or her creation since then. It was easier to believe that they were dead because at least then I don't have to worry about facing these truths." Sarah explained.

"I've seen her... she tries to prey on monsters sometimes. They say whoever looks into her eyes have their soul dissected and reconfigured until it's fit for consumptions. I can say firsthand that this is true." Skye shuddered.

"So as you can see we can't just fight her. I'll work something out with my sister, this won't be hard considering that we're both enemies towards an organization bent on our destruction." Sarah sighed.

She left me alone with Skye who hadn't let go of me. Her wings seemed to tremble around my form and when I turned to look into her eyes I saw that they were distant. A look of pure terror was on her face and she remained motionless as if she had been replaced by a statue. This went beyond normal terror, this was some kind of petrification, this had to be.
I carefully escaped from her grip and then began to stroke her wings gently. Skye suddenly gripped my arm with one of her talons and drew blood as she stared into my eyes. "Don't face her... she will kill you... I don't know why she spared me. They say I was saved but if she wanted me to die I would've died..." whispered Skye.
I looked at her with a confused expression and Skye's eyes widened in desperation.

"She claims to have created a new being, a goddess, a new generation of monster; but she made a demon, a devil!" Skye cried.

I thought for a moment before coming up with an idea to relieve Skye or this memory and get a glimpse of what she was talking about. I picked up Skye and she clung to me tightly as I walked towards where Vin was and I noticed that she hadn't moved in days. She looked up and gave me a week smile until she noticed Skye. Vin stood up and placed a hand on the griffon's head and shuddered. Skye lost consciousness and Vin looked into my eyes and a single image flashed in front of my eyes.

(I blocked out the text because it ruined the immersion

(I blocked out the text because it ruined the immersion.)

A sudden and powerful surge of fear shot through me like a bullet and I fell as if I was actually shot. Vin used her tentacles to catch both me and Skye but darkness began to seep into my vision and a voice whispered in the back of me mind.

"You're special, you can survive me while others couldn't. Don't listen to Sarah and Skye as they had bad experiences in my quest to find a husband. Sarah saw me go after a man and almost kill him as I require a large amount of spirit energy, and I used Skye because I had a vision that you would be the one to finally satisfy my hunger. I await your arrival... my husband~" The whisper faded and I lost all consciousness.