01. Loyal

Mindlessly sipping on what was about to be her third glass of vodka that night, Aera relaxed her exhausted body on the beige leather couch in her hotel penthouse

Mindlessly sipping on what was about to be her third glass of vodka that night, Aera relaxed her exhausted body on the beige leather couch in her hotel penthouse. Never before in her life had she thought someone's death could be another man's joy.

Not before witnessing her half-brother's shameless smirk when they got the news.

"Life must not be taken too seriously, and neither must death." That was what her father, the infamous Lee Jiho used to tell her ever since she was a little girl. He was a knowledgeable man, her father. And brave, or so she thought.

But how could she not take death seriously, when it seemed to take everyone away from her? A heavy feeling crawled into her tortured heart, the grief felt like numbing emptiness as her eyes struggled to form non-existent tears.

So deep in thought, Aera didn't notice the white wooden door ease open and a crow black-haired head peep inside.

"Mind if I come in?" the low, velvety baritone washed over her relaxed body. It was a voice to sink and drown in. Her heavy-lidded earthy eyes darted to the door.

"Aren't you already in?" she asked, indifference coloring her tone, as she casually reached for the pack of cigarettes and the lighter neatly lying on the coffee table.

The newcomer shuffled silently to a milky-white armchair next to the couch Aera was sitting on. His pale face showed no sign of offense at her sarcastic remark. If anything, his eyes flickered with amusement as the outer corners of his lips slightly curled upwards.

"I thought you had quit those," he cocked a brow, ignoring Aera's witty comment and stretching his legs lazily in front of him. His motions were so smooth and graceful, reminding those of a cat as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"For heaven's sake, Yoongi, after everything I went through today," Aera scoffed, then paused to light up her cigarette. She inhaled slowly, feeling as though her lungs were being wrapped up in a warm blanket. "Just give me a break. It's not like I'm on drugs."

Yoongi's midnight eyes didn't leave hers as something blazed inside them, much like thunder in a pitch-black night.

"I can think of a better drug for you," he smirked, tracing Aera's legs from her knees right up to her bare thighs showing under the white linen bathrobe she was wearing. It stretched a couple of inches below her hips. "The only healthy drug there is."

Unfazed, Aera observed him wordlessly as she took a small, slow draw from the cigarette. Not a single muscle twitched on her face when Yoongi reached out to rest his warm palm on her inner thigh, brushing against the sensitive skin.

"What do you say, baby girl? For old time's sake," he slowly licked his lips as his hand swiftly made its way under the soft fabric, hooking the edge of her black lace lingerie. His touch only reminded her of their past history, causing a bitter feeling to emerge from her stomach.