02. Inside

Sliding his arm from under Aera's limp body, Jimin tried extremely hard to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake her up

Sliding his arm from under Aera's limp body, Jimin tried extremely hard to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake her up. His gaze cast over the empty bottle of sleeping pills resting on the night stand next to the king size bed.

Judging by how quickly she had fallen asleep the previous night, Jimin was fairly certain she had popped at least five of those. Lately, Aera's tolerance had gone up, causing her to gulp a handful of the white globules at once in order for them to have the desired effect. All of his efforts to be quiet were in vain though, because having chugged an entire bottle of vodka by herself after the pills, Aera was anything but a light sleeper.

Jimin stood up on his elbow, facing her sleeping frame as he studied her face. Her cracked lips slightly parted, her chest heaving up and down weakly as she breathed. Dark circles hugged her earthy orbs, her once healthy complexion was now bleak and gaunt. Jimin couldn't help but notice that she had lost some weight these past few months.

A ghostly shadow of the beauty she once used to be.

As he rose to sit up on the edge of the bed, he grew aware of the coolness of the air. His hand swiftly shot up to the blanket beside him before placing it carefully over Aera's tiny form, tucking her in so that she wouldn't catch a cold. He forced upon himself not to glance at the black laced bra peeking under the bathrobe.

Kind gestures such as that one occurred as rarely as they could for Jimin. Which was all the more reason for him to wonder what the hell had gotten into him, sleeping in the same bed as Aera, holding her in his arms. Was it pity? The truth was, seeing her like that the previous day, he really felt sorry for her. She had been through so much that he wondered how did she keep it together all day long.

Reaching out for the night stand, Jimin took his handgun and placed it on his belt, a gesture he had gotten used to doing every single morning.

After fixing his slightly wrinkled tailor-made coat, he shuffled silently to the door without making a single sound. His movements were always chillingly stealthy, like a predator stalking its prey.

Setting his feet on the soft carpet after exiting the elevator, Jimin's eyes scanned the empty hotel hallway. His trained ears registered the sound of a door easing open before he could even shift his gaze in the same direction.

A thin, high-pitched chuckle came from the room Jimin was standing in front of as a half-naked girl stepped out in the hallway, holding a shirt to her chest. Upon meeting his eyes, she lowered her gaze in embarrassment, her face reddening bashfully. Judging by the color of her mini skirt, Jimin easily determined that she was an employee at the hotel's casino.

Some seconds later, another familiar silhouette came into sight, smacking the girl's ass lightly. Fixing her hair, she offered a shy wave to the crow black-haired man before scurrying around the corner.

Obviously having noticed Jimin's presence, Yoongi glanced at him over his shoulder, the left side of his lips tugged upwards to create an arrogant smirk.