04. Fire

"Right there," the brown-haired boy breathed out, throwing his head back as his eyelids hooded his darkened ebony orbs

"Right there," the brown-haired boy breathed out, throwing his head back as his eyelids hooded his darkened ebony orbs. His hand darted unsteadily to remove the black-rimmed specs from his face, a small groan leaving his lips. "Fuck, baby, you're so good at this," he glanced down at his lap, his other hand clasping at the arm rest.

Muffled slurping sounds came from under the desk where his gaze was pinned at. He raised his hips a little bit to intensify the pleasure and dug his teeth into his lower lip. "Oh my god," he aspirated, chest heaving and breathing irregular as the fluorescent light coming from the numerous screens on the wall was the only thing that illuminated his face.

"I'm so close, keep doing that," he rasped as a succulent moan escaped his lips. Just as his breath caught in his throat, his gaze traveled to the upper left screen on the wall in front of him and he nearly choked. "Wait a minute. Oh, holy shit," he exclaimed breathlessly and straightened up, eyes becoming as wide as pancakes as his hands searched for his specs on the desk.

"What is happening?" an annoyed female voice came from under the desk just as a blond head peeked over, eyebrows knit together.

"Something's wrong, something's terribly wrong. Oh, holy crap!" he rambled frantically, fingers running over the keyboard in swift, precise motions as he went through all of the surveillance cameras. His pale face contorted in a horrified grimace as he watched how dense clouds of smoke coming from the penthouse slowly obscured the whole hallway like thick fog, only that this smoke had been darker than any other smoke he had seen.

He shivered. The terrifying fumes were coming from behind the door of Aera's penthouse like from a crater in the ground.

"What the fuck is this?" the girl gasped, watery eyes enlarged and her complexion pale, as if all the blood had left her face.

"A fire," he let out through shaky breaths, the word was the only thing his distorted mind could produce at that moment. But this wasn't any ordinary fire and he was sure of that, even if he didn't realize it at the moment. This smoke was pitch-black, creating a darkness that made his gut twirl. "I have to call Namjoon and the others," he aspirated, his hands rummaging through the desk for his earpiece.

"No," the girl deadpanned. "No one can know I'm here. Jungkook, do you hear me, no one can know I'm here!" panic-struck, she grabbed him by the arm and started jerking it.

"For fuck's sake, Meisa, there's a fucking fire!" Jungkook snapped, fully aware that they were running out of time. "Don't you see the smoke? If Aera is in there, she might suffocate any minute now and the only thing you're concerned about is your boyfriend finding out you're sleeping with the security!"

Meisa's sea green eyes rounded as she stared at him jaw-slacked, shocked from his sudden shift in demeanor. Jungkook had always been quiet and shy and a little bit slow, never raising his voice at anyone. She remained silent, his abrupt lash out finally shutting her up before she retreated to rest her back against the wall.