035. Blank

"Maybe a dragon has to breathe on it," Jungkook pondered, chewing on his lower lip

"Maybe a dragon has to breathe on it," Jungkook pondered, chewing on his lower lip. He was laying upside down on the couch, head hanging down and legs put up against the back rest as his rich mahogany hair slightly swayed when he talked. "Or it needs the sacrificial blood of a thousand virgins to open." His eyes widened like those of a child telling a scary story around the bonfire.

"This sounds... extreme," Jimin mumbled, arms wrapped around Aera's form leaning back into his chest. Both of them installed on the couch across the room, his legs straddling her from behind and his chin rested on the crown of her head. Staying in this position with him seemed something natural for her now, about as right as breathing. "And to be honest, I'm not very keen on killing a thousand innocent people in order to open a fucking piece of metal."

"What do you guys think is inside?" Jungkook rolled over on the couch and sat back in an upright position, rubbing his eyes. Aera took notice how these days he seemed not to wear his glasses as much. Perhaps he didn't need them anymore. "What if it's a portal to another dimension? Or another timeline. That would be awesome."

Ever since Aera had known him, he had always been fascinated with the supernatural so it wasn't exactly a surprise that he was this excited. A little bit too excited maybe.

"It's too small to be the door for Narnia, that's for sure," Aera joked, goosebumps lining her skin as Jimin mindlessly started toying with a strand of her hair.

"Namjoon, can't you just turn back time to when our lives weren't so complicated?" Jimin groaned, glancing at the security leader who had sank into the seat behind the desk silently, long thing fingers pinching the root of his nose. "I feel like my head hurts from all of this."

Namjoon offered him a half-hearted smile. "I don't think that's how any of this works. I've been trying to make something like this happen again, but couldn't do it. Furthermore, maybe all of this is happening to us for a reason and we just don't know it yet."

"Yeah, maybe there's some big cosmic explanation behind all of this," Jungkook agreed. "Speaking of using our Powers, I have to tell you something guys. Yesterday I was trying to become invisible, you know, I thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to play around with this mysterious superpower now that I have it? Make it useful."

"And what happened?" Aera asked. "Did it work?"

"Well it was really hard at first. I spent about two hours trying to focus or whatever and nothing happened except I managed to bring this horrible headache on myself. But then just as I was about to give up, I felt this tingling sensation across my skin for a second and next thing I knew, it happened."

"Really?" Namjoon practically leapt from his chair. "You did it? You became invisible?"

Jungkook nodded, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "I think it was finally possible to happen because I relaxed and just didn't think too much about it. But that's when things got, um, complicated." A troubled expression painted over his face as he started fidgeting with his fingers.