017. No One

Bent over the sink, Jungkook splashed his face with water, hissing at the coldness of the transparent liquid

Bent over the sink, Jungkook splashed his face with water, hissing at the coldness of the transparent liquid. He took a deep breath in, staring at his reflection in the mirror and it stared back, giving him an exhausted look. His damp bangs fell over his weary eyes and when he ran a hand through his hair, he couldn't help but notice his fingers were shaking.

He had barely had some sleep the previous night. His mind had kept him awake, lit up with new possibilities of dangers and disasters. That's what had led to his drowsiness today and to his thoughts being dragged in slow motion. He felt helpless, absolutely incapable to comprehend whatever had happened the previous day.

If what Namjoon had said turned out to be true, then that mean the world as he knew it would be turned upside down.

Vividly, he remembered having somewhere at home an encyclopedia on the supernatural and was strongly determined to go through it in one night. He would get to the bottom of it, whatever that would cost him, even if he would have to go a full forty-eight hours without sleep.

Immersed at the sound of the running water, he was late to notice the door handle of the men's restroom turn and the door ease open, revealing Hyukjae and Yoongi, both of them exuding a rather secretive vibe.

Instantaneously, Jungkook's face hardened. Whenever he ran into Meisa's boyfriend, now fiancé, he was overcome by this bitterness that in a matter of seconds would evolve in a flaming rage. His fists ached to collide themselves with Hyukjae's jaw, but he knew better than to allow release to the destructive emotion. It was only for Meisa's sake that he still kept it civil.

With significant haste, Hyukjae scurried to the sink Jungkook was standing at and turned the water off. Yoongi remained at the door, locking it twice and diligently making sure that no one could enter.

"Hey," Jungkook spoke up, eyes wide with disbelief. This asshole just walked up to him and turned the water off when Jungkook was apparently still using it. Was he trying to pick up a fight? He'll get it for sure. "What did you do that for?" he furrowed his eyebrows, a deep frown appearing on his wet forehead.

"Why was that running?" Yoongi asked in a hushed voice, throwing a furtive glance at Hyukjae. "Is there someone in here?"

Still not acknowledging the outraged Jungkook next to him, Hyukjae shuffled to the cubicles, splaying his palm against each one of the doors and checking to see if anyone was there. "No one's here. Probably some moron forgot the faucet running."

Jungkook was undeniably perplexed. How could there be no one there when he was so obviously standing next to those two idiots? Were they blind? Unsteadily, he raised one arm up and waved it, waiting for just any type of reaction from them. They didn't even glance at him.

"I think things are going great for now," Hyukjae said, flashing a sardonic smile that spread from ear to ear as his eyes glinted under the fluorescent light of the restroom.