041. Blanket

Jimin watched from behind the tempered glass silently

Jimin watched from behind the tempered glass silently. Unmoving. Unblinking. All he could focus on was Aera's form sat down on the chair. No words could be heard through the heavy door and the thick concrete walls. The only thing that could be seen were her shoulders and their slight quivering, along with Yoongi's expressionless face.

The world turned into a blur when she stood up and took the blindfold off. All of his instincts screamed at him to barge in and take her away from any danger.

Then came the slap. And the screaming. Jimin knew she was screaming by the violent wracking of her shoulders. He could imagine her desolate sobs and the sound of her struggling to breathe against the crying. Fire of anger started burning right under his skin as he forced his body to stay still.

It all happened in a matter of seconds when she whirled about and ran to the door as if catapulted by the sheer force of her sorrow.

"Aera-" he choked up, rushing towards her once the door slammed behind her. All she could let out was an unintelligible croak as she hid her face in her hands. When he took a step towards her, she shuddered away. Ashamed and dejected, she shot forward and tumbled out of the door, dashing away to the underground lot.

Helpless, Jimin flew forward, trying to hold her back. Her arm slipped from his grip limply. He could feel how he was losing his mind. It was like her every wracking sob was set to a frequency that was shattering his heart over and over again. No words could break through his clasped throat.

He followed after her, all of his surroundings disappearing. She shuffled weakly around the corner, falling to her knees and letting her wails burst through her. Every atom of her screamed from the pain, as if she was being shredded from the inside.

"Aera, please-" he begged, a lone tear tracing down his cheek. She was gasping for air, her whole form shaking violently. A part of him was dying seeing her like that. "I can't see you like this, don't..." his voice disappeared. His brain couldn't produce a single thought, there was no point in soothing, in comforting her. He felt useless, desperate. Her emotions poured through her, raw and vulnerable, rendering him speechless.

"Oh my god." someone exclaimed softly behind him. Jimin whipped around to see Taehyung frozen in his spot, wearing the face of a man who had just witnessed a mass slaughter. Face chalk white, his eyes slowly became glossy and he gulped.

Fury incinerated all of Jimin's emotions as he held Aera's trembling form, leaving only strong hatred. All he could focus on was destruction and revenge. They paralyzed his brain, urging him to operate under the command of his wrath. Dropping Aera's feeble arms and using his knees as leverage, he stood up abruptly.

"Stay with her," he demanded, rigid eyes staring at Taehyung who was still in shock. "Whatever happens don't leave her alone. You got it?"

Blind-sighted, the black-haired man managed to come to his senses and nod.