031. Troublemaker

So disappointing

So disappointing.

Yoongi stared down at the street, face slack and passive. Only the slight movement of his chest was giving away that he wasn't just a statue pinned to the ground.

The outer corner of his thin lips merely twitched at the sight of Aera, Jimin and Jungkook making their way down the parking lot.

So it was true then.

That's why it didn't work.

Yoongi wasn't surprised, nor angry. Just... disappointed. Hyukjae would be enraged when he finds out, though. He never learned not to let his emotions get in the way.

Sharp and calculated, Yoongi was aware that there was at least a fifty percent chance that the plan would fail. But he did it regardless, intrigued to know if it would turn out to be the truth. The thought of putting Aera's life at stake had crept up in his mind, but this was something he could live with.

Light was never in her nature after all. She was born to thrive in chaos, and in chaos they shall thrive. Him and her, hand in hand, would make the world shatter and shake at their fingertips.

Together.

Not that this stupid prophecy turning out to be true would matter, anyway. It would just make things a little bit harder. But not impossible.

His cold gaze focused only on her, his onyx eyes taking her in hungrily. Something in the way she carried herself in fluid motion had always fascinated him. Her whole being echoed royalty. Beautiful, yet destructive, and a little bit of devil in her angel eyes. He'd make sure to silence that angel.

As if on cue, her chin tilted upwards, curious eyes darting in his direction. The enlargement of his pupils was the only betrayer of his surprise. There was no way she could see him through the tinted glass, yet her piercing stare made him gulp.

He took a step back, sinking in the shadows. I'll see you again soon, princess.

***

"This. Is. So. Fucked. Up." Jungkook gawked, leaned back against his car. His large doe eyes seemed even wider now, taking almost half of his face.

Aera just gave a tired nod. Catching up with him about the events from last night on their way out got her feeling as if she was reliving all that the horror for the second time, filling her with crippling fear. She realized she had never acknowledged just how scary Jimin could be until now.

"Talk about exes from hell," Jungkook whistled, still as stunned. "Yoongi just took the term 'take revenge on your ex' on a whole new fucking level."

"You don't say," Jimin grumbled, adjusting the side mirrors on his Harley and gliding his finger over the shiny vehicle absent-mindedly.

Letting her eyes wander the empty street as the two men continued talking, Aera felt a cold shiver run down her spine. The buildings seemed oddly silent, almost unnatural like an abandoned filming studio. The stillness of the air made her feel as if her soul was being sucked into nothingness. She stood there, muscles cramped and unable to move, overcome by the paralyzing feeling that someone's gaze was fixated on her. She was being watched.