012. Announcement

"Hey, Jin

"Hey, Jin." Aera chimed, walking up to the broad-shouldered handsome man sitting in one of the chairs in the enormous hotel conference room. She felt her cheeks grow warmer after he stood up to pull a chair for her to sit next to him. "Thank you," she smiled. Jin had always been such a gentleman with women and just a kind person in general with everyone.

"Are you alright? I heard about the fire," Jin peered at her, gentle hazel orbs glistening with concern.

"Yea," Aera nodded. "I'm fine. Thankfully, the security team was quick to intervene."

"What was it that caught on fire?" Jin asked, his tone light as casual as if he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"They still don't know," Aera shrugged. "I don't know either. It's... confusing." She sighed. It was difficult even for her to explain it to him, given the only thing in her mind at that moment was not the fire, but the kiss with Jimin. Her heart skipped a beat. Her bodyguard was still nowhere in sight. Did he regret it? She hoped not, because it had been amazing for her.

"They're probably going to find out soon," Jin uttered, his eyes falling over the folders in his lap.

Aera traced his gaze. "Is your father coming soon?" she questioned, looking around the almost empty conference room. It was still relatively early, but she was sure a lot of people would attend this horrible announcement. Her awful half-brother had probably made sure that all of their friends and family would come.

"He's running late," Jin explained flatly. "Some emergency at the hospital."

"I still can't believe you don't want to become a doctor like your father," Aera grinned. "Ever since we were little, you've always been so kind and compassionate. To be a doctor is in your blood. Why didn't you at least consider it?"

"Never in a million years," Jin shook his head. "The responsibility is too big. Also, have you seen my father? He's so overworked and stressed all the time. I haven't seen him smile in years. I don't want to be like this."

"I see. Well, you have a point there." Aera nodded in understanding as they both entered into silence again.

Movement at the door instantly caught Aera's attention. Her head snapped up to see a glowing Hyukjae come into the conference room, followed closely by a rather expressionless Yoongi, as always.

As her brother made his way to take a seat, Aera couldn't help but stare at Yoongi. Their eyes locked in a compelling gaze that caused her to set free a sharp gasp. His pitch black eyes showed no emotion but refused to look away from her.

She hadn't felt this way while looking at him in years, at least three to be exact. Their relationship left her nearly crushed in two. It had been darkly passionate, obsessive and turbulent, with them breaking up many times only to run back to each other again. By the end of it, Aera had been drained emotionally, completely broken.