042. Mind Games

"Get those fucking handcuffs off me and we'll talk

"Get those fucking handcuffs off me and we'll talk."

Yoongi's grin was crooked, his pale lips curled in an unpleasantly abnormal way, reflecting his twisted state of mind. Jimin found himself becoming increasingly uncomfortable at the sight as his anger slowly subsided, making room for the uprising surging perplexity. His arms still rested at the backrest of the chair, pressed against his chest, cold sweat building up between his fingers.

He was by no chance foolish enough to fall for Yoongi's deceitful nature, but he had to admit – the fucking dirtbag had managed to strike a nerve.

Admittedly, Jimin had very few weaknesses in his life, one of them Aera and the other two - his younger sister Nana and his grandmother, who up until that moment he believed to be dead, passed away in a tragic incident he had little recollection of. In the last few minutes, Min Yoongi had managed to cause significant distress to Aera and defile Jimin's late relatives' memory by speculating about whether they were actually deceased or not.

Unexpectedly, this didn't make Jimin mad, nor sad.

It just made him feel lost.

"It's very unwise of you to think that you can manipulate me with such tricks," Jimin mumbled, lips stretching in a cruel sneer. "It would never work."

"Wouldn't it?" Yoongi gave an incredulous gasp, feigning surprise. "From what I'm seeing you're still here, so I'd beg to differ."

"I'm still here only because I'm debating on which part of your body to cut off first." Jimin snarled fiercely. For the first time in his life he felt powerless and exposed, even though he'd never show it. Yoongi's eyes bore through him mercilessly, his face practically glowing with badly concealed elation.

This was exhilarating for him, he found thrill in terrorizing people emotionally, finding his own sadistic satisfaction in it.

"Again with the threats?" he pressed his lips into a line, sounding disappointed. Jimin was rattled, assuming that this hostile demeanor did little to prevent from Yoongi seeing right through him. If he showed even in the slightest bit that the black-haired man's words affected him in any way, he'd definitely come across as vulnerable.

And he couldn't let that happen.

"I've said what I had to say," Jimin stood up swiftly, still contemplating the plausibility of Yoongi's suggestions. "Enjoy your stay here, because to me it seems like you're going to have to get used to these four walls. Considering they'd be the last thing you'll see before you die."

Yoongi's long, dramatic sigh stopped him in his tracks as he headed for the door and Jimin cursed himself on the inside for allowing his body to operate out of his control.

"Look, I realize I'm not deserving on your trust. I just want to help you get your family back, Jimin."

Playing on his heart strings, the bastard knew what he was doing. He even called him by his first name, something that had never happened before. Jimin was conflicted, his thoughts wrestling with one another, caught in a vicious grip.