023. Untamed

"Patience is a virtue that I certainly don't possess, so whoever pulled some kind of voodoo crap on me better admit it at once so I could rip his head off and be done with it." Taehyung chuckled, the face-splitting grin adorning his lips contrasting with the feral blaze smoldering in the bottomless pools of ink in his eyes.

Aera recognized that blaze, knowing Taehyung wasn't to be messed with. He was wild and untamed, with sharp edges that cut deeper than blades, too lost to care about what anyone thought of him.

Something about him had always resonated with the darker parts of her, pulling her in, and somehow they had formed a peculiar bond that came back to life now that she was seeing him again.

The silence that followed was suffocating and the air became so brittle that it might snap any second now, and if it didn't, Aera knew she would. Her lips parted for some sound to leave her mouth, but she remained silent, her breath caught in her throat.

"I thought I told you not to come here anymore," Jimin was the first one to speak, his stare cold and rigid.

"See, I'm not the type of person to be told what to do," Taehyung shrugged and kicked the door, slamming it shut. Meisa let out an audible gasp, instinctively tugging at Jungkook's sleeve and he stepped in front of her firmly.

Taehyung seemed to notice the subtle gesture instantly. "Oh, no need to try and protect your girl from my charm, man. She'll fall for it anyways," he smirked, plopping down on the couch with a loud grunt and stretching his legs wide apart, one arm over the cushions and the other still gripping on the pocket knife, folding and unfolding it. "Hey, babe," he gave Meisa a small hand wave. "I'm free every day that ends with y." he winked.

"Hey, dick." Jungkook growled, his soft doe eyes turning completely black as he balled his hands into fists. "Watch it. If I were you, I'd be more careful with my words. Take a look around, you're outnumbered."

"Oh, what are you gonna do, bunny boy?" Taehyung snorted, flashing a cocky smile. "Turn invisible on me?" he looked around the room, scanning everyone's similarly stunned faces before grinning widely. "That's right, I heard everything. I don't give a damn what this fucking sorcery is, but whoever dragged me into it will pay."

"We have absolute no idea what you're talking about so I'd recommend you to scram while I'm still feeling friendly." Jimin threatened, the vein on his right temple twitching menacingly.

Aera's whole body tightened as she detected the subtle sings of his temper that was a slowly filling glass until the liquid reached the top, then it would rain down on whoever had provoked him like a storm of hail. Breathe. If Taehyung were smart, he'd know better than not to poke the beast that was hidden deep within Jimin.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed and he pursed his lips. "Was it you, midget? Did you put the fucking curse on me?"

Jimin's body slightly lowered, resembling that of a lion ready to lunge at its prey. He drew in a deep breath, his lethal stare piercing through Taehyung who seemed utterly nonchalant, grinning and staring back at him cunningly.