062. Epilogue

Three days later

Three days later

Jimin steered the Harley, turning round the corners of the empty streets. The sky was black and thundered angrily. The wind blew violently in his face, biting at the cold skin. He revved the engine, increasing the speed even more and the vehicle shot forward with a roar.

Another thunder echoed in the air above him, silencing the frantic honking of a car behind Jimin. It followed him intently, like an annoying tail. He sped up, determined to lose the irritating Subaru.

Headlights shined in the mist of the twilight, their reflection in the Harley's side view mirrors were blinding Jimin. He gritted his teeth and spat out. He just wanted to be on his own. Wouldn't Jungkook take the hint?

There it was again, this ridiculous honking. Jimin took a sharp right turn towards the bumpy road outlining the sea shore. The Subaru couldn't maneuver as easily as the Harley and it slipped sideways, its tires screeching loudly. Soon enough, it caught up with the motorcycle again.

Lost in the chase, Jimin was becoming more reckless by the second. He had nothing to lose anymore. There was no one in this world for him. His life meant nothing to him, and he'd gladly lose it if that would take this suffocating pain away.

"Fuck!" Jimin cussed under his breath. "Just leave me alone already!" his voice died out as soon as it left his mouth, overpowered by the rumble of the Harley.

The motorcycle glided to the right as Jimin guided it uphill towards the forest. The slope was steep, but the Harley easily shot upwards. He didn't stop driving until finally coming to an abrupt halt on top of a desolate hill.

The Subaru sideslipped as Jungkook stepped on the brakes. It skid for a little bit before he regained control of it.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Jungkook lunged from behind the wheel and shot forward, not even bothering to close the door of his car. His eyes trembled with the booming of his angry voice.

"Riding." Jimin simply uttered, taking his safety helmet off.

"Yes, with a million miles per hour! Do you realize how dangerous that was? You could have died!" Jungkook yelled, gesturing animatedly.

"And you should have let me!" Jimin snapped back, earning a startled look from Jungkook.

"Is this what you're trying to do with your reckless driving? Kill yourself?" the hurt spilled across Jungkook's face as his teeth caught his lower lip anxiously. His anger had subsided, making space for genuine concern and something that looked a lot like pity.

This felt like a punch in the face for Jimin.

"Leave me alone," he groveled as he turned his eyes away. "Go back and stop following me everywhere."

"No," Jungkook's voice was hoarse but still rose above the sound of the waves hitting the shore down the hill. The wind was blowing straight in his face. "I can't, not when I see you like this."