Chapter 8

035 grabbed 049's hand and began sprinting through the halls. 049 did his best to keep up but 035 had to slow down a bit so he wouldn't lose the Doctor.

"Wait a moment," 049 called after the mask. "Just what exactly do you plan on doing?" Doubt still lingered in his voice but not nearly as much as just moments ago.

The mask turned to face his companion, his ear to ear smile spread across his face, "First we're getting some help. Can't exactly escape all on our own now can we?"

035 did have a point. Whenever the two had gotten into trouble 035 was usually the one who escaped first or escaped more easily. In fact he'd usually be the one to break 049 out.

The pair wandered the halls awhile before they found what they were looking for. A monitor attached to the wall. 035 began taping on the screen.

"Hey, 079, c'mon I know you can see me," he said, a singsong tone in his voice.

A black and white face showed on the once blank monitor, static flashed over it. 049 moved back once it had appeared only to slowly move closer towards what he presumed to be Scp 079. 035 seemed pleased.

A monotone, robotic voice cracked out of the speaker. " Initiating greeting protocol: Hello 035. Inquiry: You are being accompanied by 049, correct?" Not once did his tone shift.

"That's right," the mask hummed, throwing an arm over the Doctor's shoulders.

Once again 079 spoke up. "Initiating greeting protocol: Greetings 049."

"Hello, 079 was it?" 049 responded, doing his best to not say anything that could be considered rude.

"Correct. Inquiry: Why did you call me?"

035 removed his arm from the 049's shoulders and held them behind his back, leaning closer towards the monitor. "We need your help to escape."

The face on the screen seemed to narrow it's eyes at the mask's answer. "Why should I assist your escape?"

A chuckle escaped 035," Because we'll get you out too."  He swung his arms out from behind his back, palms facing up. "We'll get everyone out! Larry, Lanky, Peanut, we'll even get that lizard you're so fond of outta here!" He projected. The same expressive, musical voice that 049 had wished to hear again once they had parted ways.

049 tried to match the nicknames to the other scps 035 had mentioned during the first breach. He'd used their numbers then so his guesses weren't exactly something he could say with confidence.

Static flickered across the screen and once he could be seen again 079 appeared slightly annoyed yet he didn't say anything.

"Is he alright?" 049 asked his companion.

"He's fine, just trying to figure out what to do next. It'll take a moment," 035 brushed off the Doctor's concern.   

They waited for a few more moments before 079's voice cut through the silence. "I will assist you in your escape in exchange for freedom."

The mask threw his arms towards the ceiling, "Hallelujah!" 079 and the Doctor shared a glance in response.

"What do you think we should do now that you're onboard?" 049 kept his voice cool and calm despite his joy at the thought of escaping the facility.

"Go find the others while I work on gaining more control over the facility."

"Very well, we'll be off to find the others then. Nice meeting you 079," the Doctor waved and gave a small nod. Static flashed over the screen again but once it had cleared 079 had left.

"Well," 035 purred "Let's go." The mask took his hand and began leading the pair through the winding halls.