[2] A whole new world

[2]

It was damped outside.

A town named Dreinland, was still buzzing to life. Vendors shouting and showing off their goods, attracting many costumers as much as they can. Some children laughed while they ran passed it's square, splashing puddles along the way, not minding a little bit on how their clothes are now drenched in dirt. Citizens have walked across the streets, enjoying the cool breeze that the rain have caused not long ago. People were happy and contented. Almost like there was no single problem on the world around them.

What a beautiful scene it is.

Yet one person didn't notice this so suddenly, because he seems to be occupied at the moment, standing in front of a mirror with a face of grim and devastation. The young boy stared at his reflection, with his messy snow-like hair directing into any different directions, and his glistening big golden eyes. His porcelain skin glowed with health. Yet he frowned, his slightly chubby cheeks looked like two sync buns.

"I-I'm a male..." he mumbled weakly, seeing that any moment there's a chance that he might faint in absolute shock.

Nonetheless, he didn't care even the slightest.

"What happened to my beautiful flat-chested body?" He cried, wiping the imaginary tears on his eyes.

Seraph, now in the body of the young Yuen, have long since forgotten who he truly was. He stared completely still on his new reflection, oggling how much he hate the current state he's in. Besides, he's a she right? So why now the world curses him that the she now turned into a he?! He really could not understand the world's crazy logic. What confusing him more is that he couldn't understand any of it!

"Yuen! Come down now dear, breakfast will be cold anytime soon!" a seemingly high-pitched voice called.

Mother, the new Yuen thought.

He grumbled slightly on his state, arguing whether he'll go down to eat or mop himself to bed. Yet as soon as he thought about the mouth-watering food that might be served, his stomach growled with anticipation, clearly ordering him to go down and feed it. Yuen only sighed before taking one last glance on his reflection before slowly ascending downward the stairs to walk to the direction of food. His parents immediately greeted him with a warm smile.

"Goodmorning son, have a nice sleep last night?" His father asked, sipping something like coffee before looking at his son.

Yuen didn't reply, instead he walked straight to his seat, a frown dancing on his lips. Both of the couple eyed him worriedly, before throwing each other a glance.

"Is something wrong sweety?" His mother asked, worried about his son's unexpectedly sad behavior.

"Nothing mother." Yuen immediately answered, rising the couples worried glance.

"You know son, when something is bothering you, you could tell us you know?" his father insisted.

"Actually..." Yuen started.

The couple immediately took a step closer, waiting for their son's answer patiently. Yuen's father has a serious look in his eyes, wanting to know more why his son is acting quite sadly in the morning, especially when he knew how lively he can be because his son always love mornings. Whilst, her mother has a worried expression on her face, concerned how her baby boy was like this, and immediately told herself to fix it at all cost.

"... I had a dream. In my dream I was a girl, I know it's sounds stupid but I was quite happy and contented about it. I felt like a free bird, yet suddenly I became a boy. It made me sad, it actually hurts when I think about it. Mama, Papa, why does it hurt?"