[17] Flames of the Unknown

Sorry for the late upload. Things aren't the same as before I guess. But I'll try my best to update!

Again, I would like to apologize if there were some(or many) grammatical errors but I'm a bit busy as of now.
I hope you understand 😊

And enjoy the update!

וו×

Dust covered the area.

And then coughs of two people is echoing from afar, gasping for air to breathe like a fish out of it's water.

Soon, it starts to clear. Yuen could clearly see from his sight that they fell inside a cave, though his sight wasn't clear enough to see all of it. Coughing, he stood on his feet, adjusting the lack of brightness of the area.

"We're trapped." Yuen informed, looking everywhere for a sign of an exit.

His eyes landed on Aunjir, then sighs. One of the idiot princes was stuck to a big root, precisely about 5 meters long, and by the looks at it the prince seems to be struggling from it's weight.

'Oh goodness, how awful can this be?' Yuen thought, forcing his body to move and help the needed.

Though, we all know that deep inside, he's contemplating to leave such insolence to die. But nevertheless, don't mind Yuen, he's just a bit of a sour person just like he always is when it comes to those idiots.

But he was actually thinking of assassinating the prince right here.

Oh my, how tempting! Should he do it now?

"Thank you." Aunjir mumbles, forcing to smile despite the immense pain. Yuen was left dumbfounded.

....

.. Okay maybe not today. Yuen's conscious beating heart cannot do it.

"I-I'm sorry about earlier---"

"No need to apologize," Yuen interjected, cutting Aunjir short. "We need to find a way back above, and possibly Viere along the way."

Aunjir felt uncomfortable, now free from the blasted root. His leg seems fine, so are the rest of his limbs. But what is this feeling that he just escape something? He was sure it wasn't because of the root.

"Don't fret," Yuen insures him, giving him a pat on the shoulder, "Viere will definitely survive on his own, for pete's sake he's already old enough."

"Y-Yeah," Aunjir sighs.

Meanwhile, Viere, who also fell from above is stuck inside. But unlike the other two, he was much out of luck on his position.

Viere sighs as he looks above, noticing the branches crawl together as if there was no hole to begin with.

He needs to find Yuen and Aunjir fast.

He took a moment to look around, examining if there's another way out from where he stood. Though, it was probably too dark for a person to see with the absence of the sun. He immediately summoned a light.

Without a single second later, a soft voice echoed near.

"I-Is anyone there?"

Viere met with a pair of brown eyes, which is owned by a shaking child just inches from him.

וו×

"Give that back Claude! That's mine!" Jerson screams out of anger, attempting to catch a running Claude.

Claude let out his tongue childishly, gripping a slice of french bread on his arms. Jerson angrily snarls, now feeling the grumbling of his empty stomach out of hunger.

It is currently their break from Krey's hellish training. Though it was almost as hellish as Yuen's version, except the fact that Krey didn't seemed to mind whether they focus on training or not. But of course, if one lacks a mile then they're paying it tenfolds of a hundred. Most of them were lying on the ground, exhausted to the bone from all the log they have to carry for a mile, or for others who were unlucky, about 3 miles for each separate log.

Krey eyed them not far away, his hand on his chin as if thinking while observing them.

"You did great." Krey compliments, nodding his head. "You reach much the amount that I expected you to be. I'm greatly satisfied from the logs I see."

Tristan glances up, a smile on his boastful face.

"So we're the best so far?" he asks, his ego filling up.

Krey gave out a grin, "Of course. Amongst all the people I've trained, you are the only ones who achieve 10 logs on a mile before collapsing."

"And the others?" Emir voiced out.

"The best so far, before you of course, was 50. While the worst was about a 700." Krey's grin gets wider, "The former best is understandable since it was only a 10 year-old boy. But of course, since you beat him fair enough. You're now the best of a kind, gaining 10 logs a mile."

Krey's eyes looked down on them, glancing a bit on the logs the princes carried, before mockingly grins back at them.

"Great. Isn't it?" he asks.

Tristan's ego drops in an instant, the other's looks away in embarrassment.

Krey feels his heart fill with pride, seeing the demise of some of the famous noble in this time. He is glad he accepted the task, but he's a bit out of focus while thinking of a certain brat he left hours ago.

'I hope that brat doesn't do anything rash.', he thought.

Unknown to him, the brat seems to visit a blushing Amber boy trapped in his own mansion.

Back to the remaining five idiots in the field, Krey grumbled once his eyes landed on Claude and Jerson, who seems to be running like a mad man in the field. Later did the princes know, that their new trainer compliments the lowest while cursing the ones that gained highest.

וו×

"So.. you're saying that you were dragged here by a root along with your sister?" Viere asks out, giving his cloak to the shaking child to make him warm.

The child shakingly nods, tears attempting to fall to his cheeks. He was wet and Viere found himself giving his beloved cloak into a stranger's child but nonetheless, he somehow feel glad that he did something good once in a while.

Both Viere and the child rests inside a creepy looking cave--- a sound of a flowing river echoes around. Viere suspects that this was the reason why the boy was wet.

"I-I need to save my sister! She's-- She's out there with the others!" the boy gushed out, attempting to stand but falls.

Viere effortlessly caught him just in time.

"It's okay. We'll look for your sister soon." Veire says.

The child tried to push his body upward, "N-No! You don't understand! I need to save her! Or else she'll be burned too!"

Viere felt confused, "Burned?"

As soon as those words left the prince's lips, his eyes landed on a familliar print embeded on the child's bare skin. He could see that it was fresh, seeing marks of burns and incarnation for a curse, as large flames engulfs those words.

"La Inferno." Viere mutters, paling.

He knew that forbidden spell--- it was one of those powerful ones who were banned to use on the kingdoms. His eyes travels back into the child's features--- wet and cold, before understanding his circumstances. The child probably avoid being burned out and chose the submerge himself in water.

But it wasn't enough.

"You did a good job, buying yourself some time." Viere says, now carrying the child in his arms. Now much feeling the rising temperature from the child's body. "We need to get you out of here soon."

"M-Mister---"

The cave started to shake, shocking them both.

And soon, fire erupted just behind them, sounding like an explosion fresh from hell.