[13] Change

"Have you done as of what I ordered?"

The Headmaster leaned on his chair, glancing his cold eyes on his butler's figure. Eure, meanwhile, was sweating a ton on his back, forcing his body and his will to compose some kind of act. Bravery is what is what he needs. And bravery does what everything go right.

Yet bravery have long abandoned his will.

'Don't be scared... Don't be scared...'

Bowing and masking his uncomfortably pose, he bowed halfway before answering his employer.

"Yes, Headmaster."

The Headmaster nodded, pleased of what his ears have heard and dismissed his butler.

Eure was your ordinary butler, yet he was bred from a commoner's couple that he didn't even bother to remember. Fear was always on his back, his life-long ally that subconsciously grip his bones. He was a child back then, inside a bankrupt and collapsing orphanage that lacks a door and a roof. Some parts were missing. Whilst despite these holes and broken bricks were a ton of children, in the care of a greedy noble man who live inside a mansion with a fireplace to keep himself warm during winter seasons.

While the children die just outside his lair.

Eure could remeber how the other children either die in hunger or in the harsh cold weather. His eyes watch as a speck of white leaves their vessel out in the winter, making their eyes glossy and empty, and their bodies rock-hard. Eure never knew what the speck of light was, so he just concluded that was the life of a dying creature.

He never dislike that speck of light, but he never like it either. But everytime he sees one, it always signals him that someone will never wake up no matter how much effort he did.

"I love to sleep!"

An image of a little girl flashes, smilling so faintly.

"Because when I sleep I never feel hungry again!"

Later that night, she never opened her eyes again.

Eure watched as the speck of light appears from the girl and soon leave. Eure gripped the remains of his ragged clothes, seeming to feel a large hole inside his chest. It was painful. His vision blurred by sudden tears as he touch the girl's frozen cheek.

"N-No-- No you can't. Please-- please come back! C-Come back! Y-You can't-- You can't leave!"

Eure cried his eyes out.

The girl was once warm when they played with each other one summer day, she was still laughing as her grip remain firm on his hand. She was smiling. She was happy. And Eure would never forget how much joy he felt on that day.

But now she's cold.

Her body was nothing but empty. Her skin begins to hardened as her grip falls out on his hand. She didn't laugh or smile. And Eure could never forget how much pain he felt on this day.

"Y-You said you'd never leave... We promised... Y-You promised.. "

She left him.

And he can never change that.

"Eure, can you bring this to the council? And oh, tell Yuen to visit me." The Headmaster spoke, gaining Eure's attention once more. "Be sure to mention something about the princes letters complaining about him."

So Eure bowed again.

"Yes, Headmaster."

Eure was your ordinary butler.