[7] His Hero

I'm baaaackkkk! Are you guys still there? All well, sorry for updating for a veryyyy long time. Hope for consideration though.

Good news! I'll continue this book (>y<)

ENNJOOOYYYYYYYYY!!!

P.S Votes and comments are high appreciated. You don't know how much it makes me happy uwuuuu

[7]

The child blinked his eyes open, slightly until his vision became clear at last. Soon he was welcomed into a fine cottage room while him on this fluffy clean bed, whom was feeling quite comfortably by the embrace of cotton he never felt. He expected to feel the pain he should be experiencing, yet to his surprise, he felt nothing. No bruises. No cuts. No broken bones.

Grrrrchhh!

Except for hunger, that is.

The child patted his stomach slightly, remembering that he haven't eaten even an inch of bread since morning. Not even a second past, the room's door opened which made the child jolt in shock.

"Ah, your awake."

Alarmed, the child immediately sit up and planned an escape route on the closed window (since that is the only opposite escape from the voice who just spoke), so he took a step on the floor. But soon his vision got blurry as he felt himself falling on the floor. Closing his eyes, he expected to meet the slight pain. Yet, to his surprise, a warm and soft embrace stopped him before his skin contact the cold wooden floor.

"-- Woah! Slow down there kid. I already heald your wounds but that doesn't mean your body is in shape yet." the same voice spoke again.

He caught me?, the child thought. But he was way too far!

What he saw first was the stranger's undeniably snow-white hair, before he met those mesmerizing golden eyes. His heart skipped a beat, shocked by the beauty of the stranger in front of him. Then he was touched by the stranger's hearth warming smile, feeling as if the man in front of him was not a mere human being but an angel instead. Yet if one look closely, the stranger looked like....

"..a girl."

Both breathe and blinked their eyes.

"... What?" the stranger asked, confused by the child's opinion.

Ah, why would this child think him as a girl? Does this kid even---

"You look like a girl." The child said.

Ah. Yuen thought, eyebrow switching. So that's why huh?

Yuen didn't know what to do when helping (or even talking) to a child with such a foul mouth. He often slap it's mouth (mentally) then punching the kid on the stomach (also mentally). Because Yuen was never a person using violence, instead, he's just pinch the child's cheek out of irritation.

So that exactly what he did.

"Ow!"

"You should just stay on bed." Yuen stated, bringing the child back towards the bed.

The child looked back.

"Who are you?"

Yuen brought a smile to his face.

"The one who saved you from that pig of a man." Yuen stated, giving a slight smile to the child. "Well, you can call me Yuen. Now, may I know yours?"

The child's figure became stiff. "......"

"Well..?"

"R-Remil.. I'm Remil."

Yuen smiled, patting Remil's head.

"Well, Remil good job on surviving this far."

The child looked at his hands, tears starting to form on the edges of his eyes. Yuen stopped patting the child's head and turned to grab some fruit. It was only a walk away, so Yuen immediately sat on the edge of the bed while handing an apple to Remil.

"So.. why are you in the kingdom Remil? It is uncommon for a thief to be free and kicking off the streets."

Remil receive the apple with ease. "I want to avenge someone."

"By stealing? Hey, I know some folks doing that--which all end up eliminated by the way-- and you want that to happen?"

"Of course not! Not until I kill that man!" Remil eyes tear up, attempting to fall. But then he looked down, curling his fist. "I-If only I... I ever got a chance to be another person, then I will avenge my mother."

Yuen looked at the child, analyzing his figure. If this kid wasn't smart enough, he probably do something he'll regret in the future. True, commoners are treated as trash in this world and thus been covered in the upper class. So it would be natural when someone will seek justice for their beloved ones who were killed.

"Justice..." Yuen muttered.

Justice that were neglected since they were just commoners. Ah, justice. Perhaps the origin Yuen never really have a chance of justice? Yuen clenched his teeth, angered by the memories once upon a time.

Yuen opened his mouth and spoke.

"You don't need to be another person."

Remil looked up.

"You just have to be yourself."

Dazed and mesmerized, Remil found himself chocking out words he can't let out. Him? Being himself? Stop blurting nonsense! Stop giving false hope!

"But how..." Remil can't find the exact words to be let out.

He stared at the stranger in front of him. He knew that this stranger might be an evil one. Still looking at those golden orbs, he found himself trusting the owner of those eyes. He knew how dangerous it is. But he didn't care. He didn't care as long as he avenge his mother!

"Whatever it is, in death or in life, then I'll do it." Remil said.

"That..." was fast.

Yuen stared flatly. He didn't expect Remil to immediately accept what he said. But.. Yuen smiled... he sure is strong huh?

"Fine. Then I'll help you kid."

Remil eyes widen. "W-What?!"

"Wait. You don't want to? Well, being a kind and delicate person as---"

Remil immediately hugged Yuen.

"N-No! I mean... Please Mr. Yuen! I beg you! I want to avenge my mother! She.. She didn't deserve to die. Please.. just please... please help me avenge my mother!"

Yuen stared knowingly at Remil, touched by both determination and love that the kid have shown for his deceased mother. Yuen found himself smiling fondly. Well, what bad will happen if he just gonna help this little kid right?

But.. I kinda can't breathe now.

"Okay. Okay." Yuen stated, crabing Remil out of his tight hug. "But on one condition."

"What is it Mr. Yuen?"

"Don't steal again."

Remil eyes widened. The first thought that came to him was to go againts it, so he unconsciously opened his kouth to protest. Yuen knew this, so he immediately put an apple fitting to cover the kid's mouth. Which resulted to great laughter as the kid tried to take it off but he always fail, much to Yuen's trickery. Though that moment neither Yuen nor Remil felt one cold stare from someone. From the closed window, few blocks and building was outside, and from the edge of the shadows stood a familiar handsome cloaked man. His face grim and dark.

"You're doing it all over again, love." he whispered. "You're doing that mistake again."

But, it didn't matter.

Erick felt his heart beats painfully.

It didn't matter at all.