CHAPTER 12 - BACK ON THE BOARD

YuLin was in a deep trance, he was dreaming.

  In his dream, he sat on a rock, a rock overlooking a large field, a field so large he couldn't see the edge. The long grass swayed in the gentle breeze and YuLin could see the distant dots of colours from flowers. YuLin took in this strange, unfamiliar environment in, eventually, he leaned back on his hands and tilted his head towards the clear blue sky. A smile ghosted his face as he closed his eyes, absorbing the sunshine.

  "What a nice field..." He muttered to himself.

  Abruptly, out of nowhere a soft breeze carrying the scent of lavender brushed past his nose. The breeze brushed past tendrils of his hair, softly over his skin, it almost resembled a caress of a hand.

  "It's yours..." A soft, almost inaudible voice whispered at his ear.

  YuLin's eyes snapped open as his hands clenched the sheets around him. He sat up groggily and looked around in confusion. Then his eyes drew to himself.

  "Huh... when did I develop the habit of sleeping naked?" YuLin kicked the sheets off himself and confirmed he was indeed, completely naked. 

  Then, a  soft knock came at the door before two young women walked in. Upon seeing these beauties, YuLin's face lit up. Who wouldn't like to wake up to a beautiful sight?

  "Hello, pretty young madams." YuLin greeted them and stood, with no regard for his nakedness.

  Mei and Lan gasped, Lan also blushed a furious red.

  YuLin upon seeing their reactions laughed awkwardly and grabbed a silk sheet before throwing it over himself. "Might I ask where I am? And what happened whilst I was asleep?"

  Mei coughed twice before walking forwards and settling a bundle of clothes on the bed, "Your lov...friend... carried you in. You ingested aphrodisiac and he... fixed you."

  YuLin frowned and tilted his head to the side attempting to remember. And when he did, he clapped his hands together and exclaimed, "Ah! I remember! He touched me to get it out my system right?"

  Lan buried her face within her small hands as Mei coughed louder and louder.

  "Here are your clothes from earlier, we stitched it up, it was a little ripped. Your friend is downstairs waiting for you." Mei said.

  YuLin picked up his clothes and shot the ladies a toothy grin, "Thank you pretty madam's, what are your names?"

  Mei and Lan froze, no one asked their names, customers only needed their bodies and never bothered to ask. Sometimes, they even ponder whether they had a name or not. It's only between the four courtesans that they know each other's names. "Why ask when it doesn't matter?" Asked Mei, a little angry, a little sad.

  YuLin reached out and tapped Mei's nose. "What beauties name is not worth knowing? Anything and everything matters, you're name included. Someday you might accomplish something great. I would like to be able to stand proud and say I personally know you. Now how can I do that without knowing your names?"

  Mei and Lan were taken aback. Mei looked speechless until Lan smiled and giggled, "Young man, you have a sweet mouth. This one is called Lan"

  YuLin bowed, "A pleasure to meet you Lan, and..."

  Mei puffed her cheeks and grumbled, "Mei."

  "A pleasure to meet you both, I'm Feng YuLin, please call me YuLin." YuLin said, then looking at the clothes, "Well then, I shouldn't keep the General waiting." Then he dropped the sheet and proceeded to put on the clothes.