CHAPTER 28 - AN UNWILLING ADVENTURE pt2

YuLin stumbled as he walked behind the horses ass, upon which sat his cousin, eating bag after bat of sweets and delicacies.

  YuLin sighed and complained, "XueHu... Must I be walking by foot? It's tiring...I'm so tired..."

  XueHu turned a deaf ear.

  "XueHu."

...

  "XueHu!"

...

  "XueHuuuuu... I'm tired tired tired!!!"

  A vein popped in XueHu's temple as he turned and snapped.

  "And whose fault is it that we can't travel faster hm!?"

Flashback to two days ago...

  "Now hold on, when I turn to smoke, you will too. It's the fastest way for us purebred demons to travel, so you'll have to hold tight otherwise you'll stay as smoke forever." He emphasised on the word pure.

  YuLin rolled his eyes and held on to XueHu's waist, "How hard could it be..." He mumbled. 

  After one jump of a few kilometres, YuLin was found by a tree throwing pall his meals from the previous week whilst XueHu was stomping around, rising his outer robe off which was covered in puke.

End of flashback.

  YuLin pouted miserably with his head lowered.

  XueHu snickered, see, it's your fault.

  YuLin sighed again, glanced up, and resumed his complaint for another five minutes when XueHu finally snapped.

  "Ok Ok! Shut up!" He snapped before stopping his horse, turning and grabbing YuLin by the cuff and lifting him to sit behind XueHu. "You so much as touch me and your back to walking on the ground.

 YuLin nodded enthusiastically.

  XueHu humphed and continued on.

 By nightfall, they had entered a small but lively town, filled with red lanterns. XueHu's eyes glittered with reflection as he gazed at his surroundings. YuLin saw the turnings of XueHu's head and guessed. Perhaps this is the first time XueHu came to the human world, he must be fascinated by all these things.

  YuLin saw a familiar object in the corner of his eyes and smiled, "Hey! TangHuLU!"

  XueHu jumped a little in surprise and a black dagger formed at his hands when an old man carrying a pole with several red things sticking out of it walked over. YuLin placed his hand atop the one holding a dagger and said, "Two TangHuLu's please."

 The old man smiled toothlessly and said, "Yes yes, half a copper please."

  YuLin tugged on XueHu's sleeve and said, "Quick! I need some money!"

  XueHu absentmindedly fished out a gold coin and handed it to YuLin, eyes stuck to the glistening orbs on the sticks. YuLin handed the gold to the Oldman whose eyes widened at the sight of it.

  'Young master, I have no change for this ah!"

  "Keep it," YuLin said with a smile.

  "Thank. you! Thank you young masters! Please take extra!"

  And with that, YuLin and XueHu each ended up with three sticks of TangHuLu.

  YuLin leaned over and said, "take of the shiny paper, and eat it. It's sugared fruit coated in more sugar."

  XueHu did not comment on YuLin's closeness as he did as told and bit into one.

  If one looked close enough, you might see the hearts that popped up in his eyes. He speedily ate the rest of the stick and proceeded to the other two. YuLin had a hard time counting his laughter.