CHAPTER 31 - THE WAR BEGINS

As YuLin groggily opened his eyes, he found himself fully dressed with a blanket covering him, moving his head to the side he found LiZhao tending to his horse.

  YuLin grinned and was about to comment on LiZhao's missing robe when out of his mouth came an aggrieved groan instead. YuLin who tried sit up fell back on the ground as he clutched at his aching waist.

  LiZhao turned and rushed to YuLin's side, kneeling on the ground before massaging YuLins waist. "Lay down until we leave."

  YuLin moaned as LiZhao kneaded where it ached, causing LiZhao's lower body to stir. "But we should leave soon. You've been searching for me for days... we're days from that war."

  "No. You're unable to stand by yourself right now, let alone ride a horse."

  YuLin smiled coyly and said, "You'll only need to cage me in your arms as we ride, that would work hehe."

  LiZhao's lips twitched.

  "And whose fault is it that I can't stand by myself hm? I say general... you're quite ruthless aren't you? More so than an incubus."

  "Incubus?... Makes sense..." LiZhao mumbled.

  Just then, a figure landed right besides LiZhaoand said, "Ugh... save your flirting for later, you better get a move on." 

  Lizhao Immediately drew his sword and faced the stranger whilst blocking YuLin from her view.

  The woman laughed heartily, "Why don't you formally introduce us instead of enjoying from back there hm?"

  YuLin coughed embarrassingly, he was a little excited to see a show down between LiZhao and HuangGu. 

  LiZhao turned and stared at YuLin as if saying speak now or I'll make it so you can't stand for the next year.

  YuLin gulped and said, "General, this is Xue HuangGu. The demon king's cousin, my mother's sister, my aunt..."

  LiZhao's eyebrow raised considerably high as he looked from the woman to YuLin.

  "Eh... long story short, she's the one who drugged me and sent me back into the city... she found me again later and explained some history."

  LiZhao lowered his sword half way when HuangGu spoke, "Look at the state you put my dear nephew in, the top should be considerate to the bottom you know!"

  A flash and a can, LiZhao charged forward and swung his sword down, his neck slightly flushed.

  YuLin's face muscles twitched as he asked, "You...How long were you watching?"

  HuangGu hung upside down on a low branch and grinned devilishly. "Oh since the beginning. Thanks for the free mea- AHhH!" She screamed and threw herself of the branch as throwing knives skimmed her cheeks.

  LiZhao reached where she was on the ground and they began exchanging blows. HuangGu looked to YuLin in a desperate manner, "YuLin! Call off your violent man!"

  YuLin only replied with a lazy smile as he leaned back and enjoyed the show. His general definitely had the upper hand here, the more he moved, the quicker became and the more mistakes HuangGu made until finally HuangGu landed n her butt, panting and baring her teeth at the general.

  YuLin laid back laughing, "Ahahaha, aunt, you were beaten by a human! Ahaha."

  HuangGu's momentary murder intent at the general disappeared when she heard YuLin call her aunt. Her chest warmed and squeezed at the sound She looked back to the general and humphed, before nimbly jumping to her feet. 

  "Enough messing around. I'm here with serious information."

  "Why didn't you tell us earlier then," YuLin said, wiping the drool off his face that flew out when he laughed.

  "Well you were," She looked at the general looking down at her with a condemning gaze, "... Engaged.. I didn't want to interrupt."

  "Speak." The general said in a commanding tone.

  "Tche, don't tell me what to do you stinky man. Anyway, the demon king has moved. You have two days before he passes the Huo province into the human lands. I don't know why he's suddenly decided to do this ahead of time... but it might have something to do with your kidnapper not completing his job." She shot YuLin a meaningful look. "This is the last time you'll see me. I will do what I can to aid you on the battlefield but I can't do much right now, he has spies constantly tracking me. Now listen, his troops will cover field after field, there are now half a million soldiers under his command and fifty thousand demon beasts. He will be amongst that."

  HuangGu sat infant of YuLin and looked at the general. "Honestly speaking, with your small number of soldiers, you're walking into suicide. Normal soldiers are no match for demon folk or beasts. Unless..."

  "Unless?" LiZhao asks with impatience, the brutality of the truth agreeing him.

  "Demon soldiers only fight when the king commands it. When there is no longer a king, there is no longer a war. Your soldiers can't win this war by fighting alone, but they can buy you time to get to the king. Once it starts, He will remain in one place as its tradition for the king to stay there until the enemy gets close enough where he releases explosive power, wiping out many foe and friend alike. You must find where he's positioned at before the fighting starts or else it's just plain slaughter."

  YuLin thought with his head down. "But how do we find his location..."

  "Spies." LiZhao stated.

  "Exactly." HuangGu said, "And YuLin, if I'm not mistaken, you have a gift that signal a location from miles away."

  "...Lady YaYao's firework! And at the same time her soldiers would fly over to join us!"

  "That only leave one last question." LiZhao commented.

  YuLin furrowed his brow and said, "Who to send..."

  HuangGu nodded solemnly, "Who ever shoots the firework will no doubt give you humans a greater chance at winning. But they will inevitably be killed. You must pick carefully, this spy must be able to get past guards and close to the king without alarming him. But you need to send them knowing it will be the last time you see them."

  YuLin clenched his fist. He really didn't like this. For a chance of winning, they have to choose someone to voluntarily walk into their death for them.

  LiZhao clenched his jaw as a hateful idea formed in his mind. One that would hurt many. "We'll talk about it at camp... with everyone else." He said before walking over to YuLin, picking him up and gently sitting him in the saddle and then climbing on and sitting behind YuLin. Two arm encircled YuLin to grab at the reins. 

  YuLin looked at his aunt, his mother's sister. "I'll see you soon, aunty." LiZhao kicked the horse's side and galloped off.

  "Tch, aunty makes me sound so old...... I'll see you soon..."

.......................................

A/N- Whose going to sacrifice their life to venture into the demon camps?

Hope you enjoyed >; )