CHAPTER 36 - FALL

There was a terrifying scream.

  Not from LiZhao, who stared motionlessly at his lifeless arm.

  But YuLin who saw what happened.

  His eyes glowed like an angered beast as he charged towards the person with the whip. Only to be blocked by many demon guards. He slashed and slashed uncontrollably as dust filled his nose and throat. How dare he... how dare he cut off LiZhao's arm.

  LiZhao bit the side of his cheek and drew blood when the pain hit him all at once. causing him to drop to his knees. He grabbed his shoulder, attemtping to stop the blood from endlessly flowing out. He saw YuLin charging mindlessly, spinning and stabbing, the cells on his ankle jingling with each movement. He looked sinister.

  LiZhao stood up shakily and gripped his sword.

  "You might as well as stab yourself general. Your army has failed you. look around, falling like dead branched they are."

  LiZhao glanced around, indeed. His men were all falling... more than the demons are... this was not looking to be in their favour...

  King Xue glanced at YuLin in a killing rage, "Heh, this one has more blood lust than my own son." He continued to observe YuLin as an obscene smile rose to his lips.

  Dread filled LiZhao's heart as he shouted, "Fight me!"

  King Xue looked at the general in disdain, "Me? fight you? A human cripple? You must think very highly of yourself."  He thought for a moment before continuing, " How about this... fight my son first, if you can kill him, I willl fight you."

  KingXue snapped his fingers and in an instant, a panting young man appeared before them, rage swimming in his eyes as he glanced at his father, before confusion settled in when he saw YuLin, and then the general, with a missing arm.

  XueHu clamped down on the momentary horror that flashed through his eyes before coldly looking to his royal father.

  "Fight this crippled man to the death." King Xue demanded as he propped his head on a hand, a lazy gesture as if alll this fighting was merely entertainment for him.

  YuLin hearing this, regained a trace of sanity and his guard was down but for a moment as he prepared to turn and run towards LiZhao, but that moment was all the demon guards needed to suppress him. They sank their claws into YuLin's flesh, holding him down. YuLin shouted in frustration. 

  "Royal father, it's unbefitting for a prince to fight a crippled mortal upon command." XueHu said with a slight bow towards the latter.

  King Xue raised an eyebrow, "HO? What a funny way of defying me...do you perhaps have relations with this human? Remember your dear aunt, that slut HuangGu? she defied me and now runs around with no hands... could it be you don't want your hands? your feet?"

  XueHu clenched his fist and jaw... He may not like his aunt... but he definitely didn't hate her, to hear she had her hands cut off, XueHu wanted nothing more than to kill his father. But the instant that thought ran through his brain he felt his blood boil as if it were running backwards, against the natural flow.

  "Don't defy me boy, I have other means of controlling you. Now fight."

  Just another curse that runs through the royal family. The father can control immediate members of the family with a blood curse, regardless of what the controlled one wants.

  XueHu squinted his eyes shut and muttered very faintly "Sorry..." as he brandished his gleaming sword and ran towards the general.

  LiZhao used all his energy and jumped aside as he began exchanging blows with XueHu, every inch of him screaming to stop.