CHAPTER 20 - BELLS

YuLin was still on the ground with red-rimmed eyes when the general walked back in, this time accompanied by a youth he recognized.

  A Li glanced around the nice tent, seeing only a beautiful man sniffing on the floor. "General, you were supposed to take me to YuLin."

  "Ah! You must be A Li, how can you have forgotten me already!" YuLin exclaimed whilst pouting, unintentionally tugging at the general's heartstrings...hardly.

  LiZhao only took one look at the man sat on the floor, with round, watery eyes red on the sides and a pouting mouth. He left immediately to stab more dummies and left only one sentence for them, "He has business with you. I'll be back later."

  A Li was left gaping at a cleaned up YuLin... "You...You... how are you that homeless looking guy!"

  YuLin slapped his thigh and cried, "Aiya, why does everyone say I looked homeless? It was freestyle! Freestyle I tell you!"

  A Li was dumbstruck, the guy had seemed so serious on the day they met yet now... now... this is fraud ah! A Li composed his face and coughed twice before saying, "I'm here to repay a life debt. You saved me. So let me squire you."

  YuLin was shaken a little, "Squire me? You do know I squire the general right? what an odd trio we'd be, you squiring me whilst I squire the general.... interesting ahaha!" However, YuLin soon sobered up and said, "I saved you A Li, but I couldn't save your mother. So there's no debt to be repaid. I've already handled your care to four great women."

  A Li's mouth fell open, there were only four women in the camp he's heard of, "The prostitutes!? You can't give me to the prostitutes! They're lower than scum!" He exclaimed with a horrified face.

  YuLin's smile dropped instantly as a neutral yet cold air settled around him. "Scum? Careful with your words A Li, the scum you speak of are my dear sisters. And they have as much pride in what they do than any others, the only reason our tents are always in shape is due to their skillful sewings, the reason your gruel is now called soup is because of their resourcefullness. So I'd reconsider your words A Li for there are no better people here for you to be looked after by. Would you like to be looked after by the Mighty general?" 

  A Li gulped as he remembered that sword pointing at him. He shook his head furiously.

  "Then by me? I'm clumsier than the clumsiest and I may forget to feed you two meals a day."

  A Li shuddered, big brother its three! Three meals a day and you've forgotten? So once again he shook his head furiously.

  "Then it's settled, I'll take you there now."

  Begrudgingly, A Li followed YuLin to a lavish looking tent and reluctantly stepped inside. He was thinking of the multiple ways he could kill YuLin when he heard four feminine voices peak up.

  "gege! You must've missed us to come back so quick!"

  "How was the general's reaction?"

  "Did he like it?"

  "Did he... do anything??" Whack! FengMei wacked FengCui's head.

  "The childs here, don't speak nonesense!

  FengCui, uwu..

  A Li gaped as he met the battlefields four beauties face to face. They were indeed as refreshing as flowers fresh with morning dew. They circled both him and YuLin, two pulling at YuLin's cheeks, the other two looked tempted to pull A Li's cheeks. A Li instinctively covered his cheeks at once.

  FengMei humphed in approval, "Hm, you know to defend yourself against us great ladies, I approve."

  A Li was still speechless so YuLin took over. "This is A Li, A Li, this is FengMei, Cui, Fei and Lan. You should call them Jie, from now on they will look after you."