~Chapter Seventeen~ Unexpected

Juliette's POV

34 Weeks Pregnant

I was sitting on the floor with Alaina packing my bags because I had a plane to catch in a couple of hours. We were both crying but after I told her why I was leaving she understood. I had already been thinking about other names for the twin knowing that they are going to have to be kept under lock and key so that Alexavier will never find them. I slowly started to get up with the help of the bed and looked around the room that now meant nothing to me. I stood there for a second while I started to feel a contraction. But I thought nothing of it because they have been happening for the past week and they have always been false alarms and know I am just hoping that they hold out and I can get home before they come.

I walked over to Alaina and hug her tightly and she started to cry on my shoulder. "I wish that I could say that I would be back but I don't see that happening ever," I whispered into her ear as I started to cry. Suddenly the contractions started to get worse and all I could think about was that this was going to happen today even if I didn't want it to. "Alaine I think the twins are coming today," I said as I pulled away from her and watched her start to freak out.

"Well what is going on in here," a deep voice says from behind us and I turned around to see Alexavier standing in the doorway with his arms crossed. "It kinda looks like someone is trying to leave me," he said as he started to walk closer to me and placed his hands on both sides of my huge stomach.

"We he bigger problems then that right now Alexavier," Alaina said while grabbing the hospital bag off the floor. "Juliette is in labor right now and we have to go," she said while running out of the door.

"Is that true?" he asks while looking at me in shock and just like it was on quece i felt a rush of water run down my legs and all I could do was nod as he picked me up like I weighed nothing. The whole car ride was quiet and all I could remember was how scared Alexavier looked. I had never seen him like this. Maybe he did have human emotions like the rest of us.

Everything started to blur from the time we arrived at the hospital to the time that I was on the table getting ready for my c-section. The next thing I knew was the sounds of soft crying from two small babies. I looked over at Alexavier to see him by the cots inspecting every small feature they had. As I was looking over I could hear a loud beeping before everything went black.

The next thing I knew I was waking up in a hospital bed with two small empty cots next to me. I looked over to see Alexavier holding two small forms and speaking to them softly before he looked over and me and a smile started to form on his face. He looked back down at the twins and started to talk. "How about we go and see your mama," he said as he started to get up holding the small forms. He placed one in my arms and I looked down to see a sleeping form with a pink bow. Tears started to come down my cheeks as I looked at her. There is no way that this little one was inside of me but yet she was and so was her brother. Alexavier placed the other sleeping form in my other arms and I stared down and him with shock. It's no longer just me that I am going to have to take care of. I have two more lives that I am going to have to take care of. This was not the place that I wanted to bring these babies into but there is no way that I am going to be able to leave now and not for a long time.

 This was not the place that I wanted to bring these babies into but there is no way that I am going to be able to leave now and not for a long time

"You had us scared there for a second when you blacked out," Alexavier said as he placed his hand on my covered thigh. "You were losing a lot of blood and I was scared that I was going to lose you and i would only have these two to remember you by." I looked up at him to see him looking at the door. "But now we have Anya and Nikolai and I know that I am never going to lose you," he said getting up and placing a kiss on my head before walking out of the room.

"Well now it is just us," I said looking down at the twins. "I promise that I am going to do whatever I can to make you two happy even if this isn't the place I wanted to welcome you into. I will make sure that I will protect you Anya and Nikolai," I leant down and placed a small kiss on both of their small heads.