~Chapter Eighteen~ Family

Juliette's POV

I sat up in my hospital bed looking over at the two small cots that held my twins. Alexavier left the room about an hour ago to make some stupid calls, leaving me helpless with two newborn babies. This is a great way to start our family. I just wish that I had made it out of here and that I could be able to give Anya and Nikolai that best life that I could and that would not include their father. How could you just leave and be gone for so long when the woman you say you love just had to go through something that you will never have to experasine in your lifetime? I never thought that my life was going to be like this when I got pregnant.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone started to ring. When I looked over at it I was so glad to see my mother calling. She must be so worried because I was meant to be home by now. Answering the phone and placing it next to my ear trying to talk softly so that I would not wake up my sleeping babies. "Hi mom," I said while a tear started to move down my face.

"Hun where are you? I have been sitting in the lobby for hours and your plan just landed and I can't find you," she said and I could hear the worry in her voice. The tears started to flow down my face. Why couldn't these two just wake a couple more weeks so that we could be safe from this crazy world.

"Mom I wasn't on the plane," I said in between tears.

"What are you talking about Juliette?" my mother asked over the phone as her voice started to crack.

"Well when I was finishing getting packed and ready to leave my water broke and I had to be taken to the hospital so Anya and Nikolai are here next to me sleeping. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you mom. Everything was just happening so fast I didn't know what to do," I said as tears started to run down my face faster.

"Hunny I promise that I am going to get over there as soon as I can to see you and my grandchildren and I will make sure that your father and brother come to see them. Please stay safe my sweet girl we will be there soon," she said before she hung up and the door slowly opened to show Alexavier coming into the room slowly not even looking at me. He walked right over to the small cots and stared at the small forms.

"Can you believe that we created these two perfect humans?" he asked looking up at me. For some reason I could see the hurt in his eyes. I will never understand this man but I know that sometimes his heart is in the right place. I just nodded at him while I kept watching him examining our children. I never thought that there was going to be a day where I ever had children now look at me. I just became the mother of twins and I don't know how to describe how much I love them already. "I never thought that I was going to be a father, but these two are going to mean everything to me and I promise Juliette that I am going to do everything to make sure that you and the twins are going to be happy with me for the rest of your lives. I want to be there for all of you. I'm so sorry that I have been in and out during your whole pregnancy but I want to change that," I walked him talk but her never looked up at me. "I still want to get married to you if you will have me," he brought his head up to look at me and I could see the small tears coming down his face.

I have never seen this man cry but I know that I want to spend my life with him but how am I going to trust him if he has left me to do this whole pregnancy but what if I just give him one more chance? I just want to have the family I wanted from the moment that I found out that I was pregnant.