Chapter 4: I choose you

Akiko pointed to Ayato, "I... I choose you..."

Haru and Saki were shocked.

"Don't humans love angels? Why did you pick him?" Haru asked.

"You... don't act angel-like at all." Akiko said.

Saki burst out laughing, "That's true."

Ayato rolled his eyes, "Humans are naive. Not all angels act goody-two shoes."

"Hey Ayato, be nice to her. After all you'll be taking her soul." Haru said.

Ayato scoffed, "We gave her an extra 100 days to live. She should be thankful, why do I need to be nice to her?"

"Oi Ayato, you're in charge of her now. Clean up this mess." Saki said.

Haru walked towards Akiko and touched her cheek, "It's a pity you didn't choose me."

Akiko pushed his hand off.

Haru whispered in Akiko's ear, "Hope you won't die again being under his watch."

Haru laughed and disappeared into thin air.

"Where..." Akiko asked.

"Akiko, since you've chosen him now, he's in charge of you now. After 100 days is up, he'll take your soul. Of course if you change your mind, we'll always be nearby to take your soul in his place." Saki grinned.

Saki patted Ayato's shoulder, "Have fun," before disappearing too.

Akiko stared at Ayato.

"What?" Ayato glared at her coldly.

Akiko shook her head, "What... what do I do now?"

Ayato sighed and snapped his fingers. Akiko lost consciousness and Ayato carried her, "Such a hindrance..."

The next thing she knew, Akiko woke up from her coma. Azumi was shocked when she saw Akiko waking up, "Sis! Are you alright? Do you remember who I am? Do you remember who he is?" Azumi pointed to Haruto.

"Sis?... Haruto?..." Akiko forced open her eyes.

Azumi hugged her tightly, "You're okay! Thank god!" Tears were flowing down Azumi's cheek.

Akiko wiped her tears away, "Don't cry. I'm okay now aren't I?" Akiko smiled.

"I'll go call the doctor." Haruto said as he exited the ward.

"How are you feeling now?" Azumi asked.

"Not that bad. A little sore but I'll be alright." Akiko smiled.

"The doctors all said you weren't going to wake up... they said you weren't going to make it... I thought I'd lose you forever..." tears filled Azumi's eyes.

Akiko hugged her, "I'm fine now. Don't worry too much. I won't leave you..."

Akiko thought to herself, for now...

Soon, the doctor came in with Haruto. The doctor did some check ups on Akiko.

"A.. Amazing!" The doctor exclaimed.

"She's.... she's much better now!" The doctor said.

"It's a miracle! All her wounds... they're not as bad anymore! I just  need to observe her for a few more days. If she's alright after that, she can be discharged." The doctor explained.

Azumi smiled, "Thats great!"

"I'll come and check up on you again in the evening. I'll let you rest for now." The doctor said before leaving the ward.

Azumi saw that Akiko was exhausted.

"Then we'll leave you alone too." Azumi said as she pulled Haruto out to the room.

"Get well soon." Haruto said.

After the two left the ward, Akiko's smile faded, "What I saw just now... Ayato... Saki... Haru... was it a dream? Or... was it real?" Akiko whispered to herself.

She was exhausted. She laid back on her pillow and fell asleep unknowingly.