Chapter 16: Brother?

Akiko sighed, "Whatever.. I need to buy some bread."

Akiko walked to her room and to her bed, "Hey Ayato.. I'm going out. I need to get some stuff."

Ayato turned around with his back facing Akiko, "Do you have to report every single little thing to me? I'm not your nanny. Get out, you're annoying."

Akiko raised her hand, she wanted to hit Ayato on his head but withdrew her hand, "Eishh..."

Akiko took her phone and wallet and went out of the house.

Just then, Ayato got up. His eyes turned red, "I sense...danger.."

He quickly transformed to his reaper form, "Aish...Why is this girl so troublesome..." He took his scythe and followed Akiko.

She came to a store, "Let's see... Bread... Milk..."

"I think that should do it." Akiko said as she walked towards the cashier.

Suddenly, she bumped into a guy. The bread and milk that she was holding in her hands fell on the floor. The milk started spilling all over the floor.

"Hey!" Akiko glared at the guy.

The guy had black hair and wore sunglasses. He looked like the kind of I guy that could sweep any girl off their feet.

"You're the one that knocked into me." The guy said.

Akiko couldn't bother about him anymore as the shop owner came out and saw the mess.

"I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to spill the milk." Akiko walked towards the shop owner.

The shop owner was an old lady, probably in her late 50s. She smiled and patted Akiko's  hand, "It's alright, I'll clean this mess."

Akiko was relieved that she didn't blame her, "Let me help you with that."

Akiko grabbed the mop that she was holding and helped her to clean up the mess. Afterwards, she went to pay for her bread and got a new bottle of milk.

She looked around the store but that man was nowhere to be seen. She scoffed, "What a rude and arrogant guy! He didn't even helped to clean up the mess. Why am I so unlucky today!"

"But... why does he seem so familiar?.."

Akiko apologised once more to the owner and exited the shop. The man hid behind a wall and watched her as she crossed the road.

"This aura... I can't be mistaken... it's her..." the man took off his sunglasses. His black eyes turned white.

"I... need to find out.." the man took out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?... Haru?.. yes. I need you to check someone for me.. usual place. NOW."

On the other side of the phone,

Haru stopped in his tracks, "Yes...My lord..."

The man was about to walk out of the alley when a hand held him behind, "Long time no see... Brother."

Ayato's crimson red eyes were staring directly at him.

"..."

"Is this how you greet the King of the heavens?..." the man stared at Ayto coldly.

"Drop your act Xieus. You know exactly what you did to get that throne. Don't forget, you're not in charge of me. Don't forget about Magnius. He is the only true leader of the immortals." Ayato said.

Xieus chuckled, "Fine. As expected from the head of  the reapers."

"What business do you have with me now?" Xieus asked.

"Don't touch her." Ayato said.

"Who are you talking about?" Xieus asked.

"That girl. The one you just met."

"Ahh... her. What is so interesting about her that she could catch your attention?" Xieus chuckled.

"That's none of your business! I don't f*cking care what you want with her, just leave her alone... if not... I won't let you off." Ayato shouted at him.

"I don't have to take orders from you." Xieus' smile faded.

Ayato took out his scythe and pointed it towards Xieus's throat, "You Mother-F*cking Piece of-"

Xieus took out a gun at the same time and pointed it towards Ayato's forehead.

"We'll see... who wins... have you forgotten about our last battle? BROTHER?" Xieus smirked.

Ayato withdrew his weapon.

Xieus did too.

He glared at Xieus, "Trying touching her and see what happens."

He then disappeared, leaving Xieus there alone.

"Don't think that just because it's been many years that you've grown stronger... in my eyes.. you're still that weakling that you were back then." He smirked.