Chapter 19: You're in my class?!!

He quickly turned around and brushed the hand off, "You know that I don't like it when people touch me."

Saki smiled, "Nice to see you too."

"Why did you call me here?" Ayato asked.

"That girl. Akiko." Saki said.

Saki paused, "She's Akiara Kuzo, isn't she?"

Ayato didn't respond. He showed no emotion on his face, "I don't know."

"You don't?" Saki said.

He smiled, "Do you think I'll buy that?"

"I don't care if you buy it or not." Ayato said.

"If you called me here just to ask about that, then I'm going." Ayato said.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Saki said, annoyed.

Ayato turned around and looked at Saki.

"If she's really Akiara Kuzo, you can't interfere! Do you want to die?! Don't you know the King is looking for her?" Saki shouted.

"Xieus?" Ayato laughed.

"To me he's no king." Ayato said.

"I don't get it. He's your brother!" Saki said.

"HE'S NO BROTHER OF MINE!" Ayato shouted.

His eyes were full of rage.

"You had a choice. The place as king, it could have been yours. But you gave it up and chose this path and became the head of reapers." Saki said.

"I don't have to explain anything to you." Ayato said.

"Akiko is dead, Ayato. You'll have to collect her soul eventually. Why are you even protecting her now?" Saki said.

"I made a promise. 100 days. So before 100 days, I won't let anything happen to her. I keep my word." Ayato said.

"Is it really that simple?" Saki asked.

Ayato looked at Saki, "I'm leaving."

Before Saki could say another word, Ayato had already left.

Ayato thought of what Saki had said, "Is it really that simple."

Ayato laughed, "Of course it's not."

Ayato gritted his teeth, "I want Xieus to pay. I'll make him pay for what he did."

The next day,

Akiko was walking to her class. She didn't sleep well the previous day and had dark circles around her eyes and eye bags under her eyes.

She had been thinking about what Ayato said the whole night.

Just as she was walking down the hallway, she noticed a group of girls circling around someone.

She found it weird but shrugged it off as she thought it was normal. They were probably gossiping if not fangirling over some boy again.

She ignored them and walked pass them.

Just then, she heard one of the girl say the word, "Ayato."

She froze but laughed it off, "What's the possibility? It's probably another Ayato."

Akiko quickly rushed to her class.

She walked to her table and realised that Shiro's seat was empty.

"Is he...sick today?" Akiko wondered.

Akiko shook her head, "That's none of my business anymore."