Chapter 9: Back in school

Akiko ran to her classroom.

"Miss Rei (Akiko), you're late! Detention after school!" The teacher, Mr Hisao shouted.

Everyone in the class was giggling. Akiko sighed and got to her seat at the corner of her class. Akiko wasn't exactly the popular girl in the class. She was the exact opposite. She didn't have many friends in school, only two or three that she could trust.

Suddenly, the classroom door opened again, "Yo Mr Hisao! Sorry I'm late, haha."

A boy with black hair and brown eyes came in.

"Shiro, you're late! This is the third time this week, and it's Wednesday!" Mr Hisao shouted at him.

"Well... can't be helped." Shiro laughed.

"Detention after school! One more time like this and I'll call your parents up to the principal's office!" Mr Hisao said.

Shiro shrugged and walked back to his seat but was stopped by Mr Hisao, "Shiro, you look a little different today, don't you know that?"

Shiro turned around and laughed, "I know right? Thank you!"

Mr Hisao threw a book and him, "I'm not praising you! The rest of the school is in their uniform, why are you in your home clothes? The superior is visiting us this week, don't you know that?!"

"Ahh.. I forgot.. for the sake of our school's reputation, why don't I leave school earlier today?" Shiro asked.

The whole class burst out laughing.

Mr Hisao sighed, "You wish...Go take your seat."

Shiro walked to his seat behind Akiko. He winked at her on the way to his seat.

Akiko glared at him, "Can't you stay out of trouble for once?"

Shiro laughed and shook his head, "It's hard for me, ya know?"

Akiko sighed, "Why do I have a boyfriend like that?.."

After class, Akiko walked to her locker. Shiro followed behind her but was held back by some of the girls. Shiro was the opposite of Akiko. He was good looking and very popular in school. He was tall and in the Basketball team. He was the eyecandy of many of the girls in school.

Sometimes, some girls would make fun of her and bully her telling her that Shiro just wanted to play with her and would dump her after that. After all, what would such a handsome and popular guy be doing with such an average and plain girl?

Akiko of course, wasn't affected by that and ignored them. She had full confidence in Shiro.

Akiko put her books in her locker and headed to the cafeteria for lunch. She saw Shiro on the way there, "Would you like to have lunch together in the field today?" She asked him.

"Ahh.. I can't.. sorry. I'm busy. The basketball team is having a meeting. I need to be there." Shiro said.

"Ahh.. alright then. It's alright. We can have lunch together tomorrow." Akiko said.

"Thanks." Shiro patted Akiko on the head and walked off.

Akiko walked into the cafeteria and got something to eat. She sat in a corner and started to eat. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder.