Chapter 8: A hundred questions

Akiko stepped out of the kitchen with a few plates of food in a tray which she carried with her hands.

She put the plates on the table. There were fried eggs, pancakes, waffles, toast, fruits and sausages.

"Wow. I'm impressed." Ayato said as he sat down on the chair in front of the dining table.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Akiko glared at Ayato.

"You look like the type that doesn't know how to cook." Ayato said.

"Aish..." Akiko gritted her teeth.

Ayato took a bite of a piece of toast.

"How is it?" Akiko asked.

Ayato shrugged his shoulders

Akiko grabbed another piece of toast and took a bite, "It's delicious! Isn't it?"

Ayato didn't respond.

"You're just being mean. My sis always says that my cooking is the best." Akiko said.

"I can't taste food." Ayato responded.

"W-What?" Akiko asked, confused.

"My taste buds. I can't taste anything. It all taste bland to me." Ayato explained.

"Oh..."

"Don't you miss being able to taste food?" Akiko asked.

"Used to it." Ayato replied.

"Ayato?" Akiko called him.

"What?" Ayato asked.

"I want to know more about devils, angels, reapers, souls and fallen angels. For a hundred days, can I ask you three questions a day I have about them?" Akiko asked.

"I'm not suppose to reveal any of that to humans." Ayato said.

"I'm going to die anyway after a hundred days, it wouldn't kill to tell me would it?" Akiko asked.

Ayato didn't respond. There was silence in the room.

"One question a day." Ayato finally replied.

"What?" Akiko asked.

"You're allowed to ask me only one question a day. And I can choose to answer you or ignore it." Ayato said.

"Really?!" Akiko asked, excited.

Ayato didn't respond and looked away.

"Maybe you're not so bad after all." Akiko smiled.

Ayato glared at her, "Don't you have school?"

Akiko looked at the clock, "OH GOD! I'm late! I'll ask you the questions when I get back!"

Akiko ran to her room and quickly changed to her uniform before running to get her bag.

She quickly got her house key and unlocked the door.

"AHHHHH, I'm going to be late!" Ayato could hear Akiko's voice from the corridors.

Ayato sighed and shook his head.