Chapter 6: Unexpected guest

Akiko opened her front door to her apartment. It had been empty ever since Azumi moved out to live with Haruto.

She went in and jumped straight to her bed, "Ahhh... How I miss my warm sweet bed!"

She was took off her shirt and was about to change into her pyjamas when the door suddenly opened.

Ayato was standing outside. He wasn't wearing a hood and he didn't have his scythe. He looked normal, like a human being.

Akiko was shocked and covered her chest with the shirt, "How.. how did you get in?!"

Ayato looked away and said, "Hurry up and change, I'll wait outside."

Akiko blushed and quickly changed into her pyjamas. She opened her bedroom door and stepped outside.

Ayato was sitting on the couch.

"H..How did you get in?" Akiko asked.

"Stupid. You left the front door of your apartment unlocked." Ayato answered.

Akiko's face grew even redder.

"What's wrong with you? Are you dying?" Ayato asked.

Akiko stepped away from Ayato and sat on the other end of the couch.

"W..why are you here?" Akiko asked.

Ayato sighed, "Did you forget already? I'm going to take your soul in a hundred day's time. I have to live with you for the time being."

"WHAT?!" Akiko stood up.

Ayato didn't look at her, "It's not like I want to either. I'm being forced to, so just shut up and make my life easier while I'm staying here."

Akiko sat back down, "Where are you going to sleep?"

"There's only one bed here huh?" Ayato asked.

"You mean?!" Akiko asked.

"Yeah, got a problem?" Ayato asked.

"Well yeah! I can't share the same bed with you! You're a guy!" Akiko blushed.

Ayato smirked, "Then you can sleep on the couch."

"You-"

"Fine, I'll sleep on the bed! But you're not allowed to touch me!" Akiko said firmly.

Ayato rolled his eyes, "Oh please, I wouldn't touch you even if you were on the bed naked. You think too highly of yourself."

"You- ! T..T..Then I'll go take a shower first..." Akiko said.

"Whatever." Ayato stared at Akiko coldly.

Akiko retreated back into her room and grabbed her towel. She rushed tot he toilet and locked the door.

"W..what was that?!" Akiko shouted.

"Aishhh! What kind of-" Akiko grumbled to herself before turning on the taps and taking a shower.

She sighed to herself, I guess I'll just have to put up with it for now...

Akiko finished showering and was blowing her hair when Ayato stepped in her room.

Ayato walked towards her and took the hairdryer away from her.

"W-What are you doing?" Akiko asked.

Ayato remained quiet and his hands approached Akiko's neck.

Akiko used her hands to cover her neck and chest and shouted, "I.. I have a boyfriend! A..And you said you wouldn't touch me!"

Ayato rolled his eyes, "if I had a choice I wouldn't want to."

Ayato helped Akiko put a necklace around her neck. It was a silver necklace with a small pendant on it.

"What is this?" Akiko asked.

"Don't take it off. I can track where you are with this in case I need to find you. In case of an emergency, just break this pendant and I'll be there." Ayato answered.

"I guess you can call it a dog leash." Ayato grinned.

Akiko looked at Ayato. His face was less than 20cm away from hers. Akiko analysed his face and thought to herself, actually... up close he's kind of cute when he smiles...

Ayato backed away from Akiko, "What are you looking at?"

Akiko blushed and picked up the hairdryer to continue blow drying her hair.

Ayato sighed, "Humans are so weird."