Chapter 13: Thanks

Akiko was outside of her apartment. She opened the door and stepped in.

Water was dripping from her head to her toe.

Ayato heard the door opening and walked out of the bedroom.

He saw Akiko's state, "W-What the hell happened to you?"

Akiko ignored him and continued walking towards her room.

Ayato held her shoulder, "Hey!"

Akiko looked at him. Her eyes were full of tears.

Ayato sighed. He carried her up and walked towards the bathroom. He put Akiko on the floor and turned on the tap.Cold water started pouring down on Akiko.

"Are you awake yet?" Ayato asked her.

Akiko started to cough and stand up. Ayato threw her a towel and some clothes.

"You look a mess. Get changed." Ayato said before leaving and shutting the door.

Akiko looked at herself in the mirror, "Becoming like this because of some playboy.. is it worth it?" She asked herself.

She looked at the towel Ayato passed her and smiled. She took off her clothes and started to dry herself with the towel and was about to wear the set of dry clothes Ayato passed her when she realised something.

She slapped her forehead, "He...he... only brought me a shirt and shorts...my... my... undergarments..."

She wrapped herself with the towel and stepped out of the toilet. She walked towards her room to her wardrobe. Ayato was sitting on her bed. He saw her coming in.

"What are you doing?" Ayato asked her.

"You...you forgot..." Akiko said and paused.

Akiko took out her undergarments from her wardrobe and blushed.

Ayato saw what she took out and looked away, "How was I suppose to know that?"

Akiko got out of the room and ran back to the toilet to change.

After that she walked back to the room. Ayato was still sitting on her bed.

"I know what happened." Ayato said.

"I was there today. I saw everything." Ayato continued.

"Can..we not talk about it?" Akiko asked.

"Get over it, he's not worth your time." Ayato said.

Tears started forming in Akiko's eyes, "I loved him. I really did..."

"You loved the wrong person. Sh*t like this happens. If you loved the wrong person you gonna just sit there and cry? While he is out there with his hands all over another girl? Learn to be strong. Life goes on. It's not going to wait for you. Either you move on now or you're gonna screw yourself up." Ayato said.

"You should learn to let go, like how I did." Ayato whispered.

Akiko looked at him, "What did you say?"

"Nothing." Ayato said.

"Ayato... Thank you." Akiko smiled. She hugged Ayato tightly.

Ayato pushed her away and got up, "That's enough. Didn't you said you wanted to ask me a question a day?"

There was silence in the room. Ayato turned around and looked at her. Akiko was fast asleep.

Ayato carried Akiko to her side of the bed and turned off the lights.

Author's note: Hey guys! I'm sorry I've not been uploading chapters lately. I might not be able to upload chapters as often for this book because I'm also working on my other book (Reborn: Revenge Of The Second Life) and I've been busy. I'm sorry and hope you understand. But I'll try my best to write more ;) Thanks for all your support! ❤️