Chapter 5: Akiko and Azumi's past

It's been a few days since Akiko has been in the hospital. Everything seemed okay and she was soon discharged. She seemed to have forgotten about the encounter with the reaper, devil and angel.

"Ahhhhh.... Finally discharged! Gosh, I probably missed out so much in school." Akiko said as she walked out of the hospital with her Sister.

"Work harder for next term then." Her Sister smiled.

"I'll think about that later. For now, I'm just going to focus on your wedding. I can't wait!" Akiko said.

"Haha. You're even more excited than me." Azumi laughed.

Akiko saw a bench nearby and led Azumi to it. They sat down and Akiko held Azumi's hand tightly, "Sis... you've been through alot in the past. Now you finally have your own happiness. I'm really happy for you."

Akiko smiled, "Mom would be happy for you."

Azumi's eye started to water as she hugged Akiko back.

*Flashback

"Mom... do you really want to do this?..." Azumi cried as she held on to the end of her mother's dress.

"The doctor said that if you do, you'll die... I don't want you to die.." Azumi sobbed.

Her Mother carried her onto her lap, "I want to do this. I believe that every child is like a gift from heaven. It's precious. If it means giving her my life so that she can live hers, it's worth it."

"Just promise me, you'll protect her with all your heart, okay?" Her Mother looked at her lovingly.

"I promise!" Azumi hooked pinkies with her Mother.

"That's my girl!" Her Mother smiled.

*Another Flashback

A man walked towards Azumi and a girl with a belt.
Azumi looked only 10 or 11 years old. The girl looked 4-6 years old.

"If.. if it weren't for you... Your Mother would not have died... it's your fault.. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!" He pushed Azumi to one side and dragged the hair of the girl.

"Akiko!" Azumi shouted for her Sister.

That man swung his belt and hit Akiko numerous times. Blood oozed out of Akiko's arms and legs, "Sis...I'm scared, it hurts!"! Akiko sobbed.

Azumi ran towards Akiko and hugged her, "Dad please... please stop..."

Their Father didn't listen and kept swinging his belt on them, each time with a harder blow, "You killed her!! You're a bad luck!"

*End of Flashback

Azumi and Akiko sat together and cried, "Thank you Sis... for not hating me..."

Akiko sobbed, "Thank you... You protected me... and loved me. You were the only person that cared for me... You were the only person that loved me.. you were the only person who treated me like family... I'll never forget it.. ever.."

Azumi nodded, "Of course, you're my Sister."

Azumi wiped away her tears and Akiko's tears, "Hey! Let's not talk about this. How did something so positive and happy like my wedding and marriage with Haruto turn into us crying like that? No more tears!"

Akiko laughed and nodded her head.