Chapter 16: Lure

Author's Note: Thanks for following along this far. The supernatural side of the force may not be entirely canon, but I'm enjoying adding this element through the story. My inspiration for this comes from Palpatine talking to Anakin about preventing loved ones from dying, and now that we are seeing the return of Palpatine in TROS I wanted to explore the potential of that idea. I know many people have looked at this story at a glance and there isn't smut 7 chapters in so they don't continue, but I wanted to continue the groundwork from TLJ in the complicated foundation that is Rey and Ben. Delayed gratification anyone?

*

"If I go to him, Ben Solo will turn."

Arms crossed over her chest, Rey paced the floor back and forth in pensive silence. The only sound was the rhythmic scrape of her boot heel dragging with every step.

When the freighter had touched down in the hanger bay on arrival the day before, the knights were met by officials. They escorted her pod down the ramp, and halted once set on the hanger floor. Rey, peering out through the glass, saw Tyrus being met by a woman with white hair in a long braid and tanned skin. The similar black garb on her figure indicated she was another Knight of Ren.

Rey was momentarily in awe; she'd never seen a Sith female before. Though she had no irises, Rey could feel her piercing gaze through the glass. The female knight turned away from Tyrus after waving officials over to the pod, but Rey caught sight of her thin lips twisting in a devious grin.

It was strange General Hux was not present, especially when the First Order basically had a bounty on her head the last three months, and then finally sending the Knights of Ren to obtain her.

She continued to pace the cell, recalling the details of the arrival. A memory interrupted her thoughts, nagging to be re-visited; her stomach flip flopped as it played out in her mind.

The pod descended in space as its escorts followed it into the hanger bay of the Finalizer. It settled on the ground and disengaged its thrusters as stormtroopers and another individual approached. Through the smoke and the steam, dark flowing locks framed a familiar face - one whom she came for.

Ben Solo.

Rey's insides turned over themselves as their eyes met through the glass. His expression revealed nothing as he motioned for the stormtroopers to step forward, binders unlocked and ready to receive her. She swallowed as disappointment trickled in. The vision she saw...was it in error?

Why did she feel this way?

She blinked away the vision, not needing a reminder of how naivety got the best of her.

Rey circled the cell one more time before stopping at the cell door. Placing one palm against it with a small sliver of hope, the cold steel made contact with her skin and goosebumps rose on her upper arms not covered by the wraps. The edges were seamless against the frame, no obvious mechanism in sight as Rey stared up at it with a great heaving sigh.

Footsteps approached at that moment before the door mechanism loudly turned as it began to rise. Rey stepped quickly to the side of the door, back pressed tightly to the wall as her fists balled up. With no spear and no lightsaber, she was hardly a threat.

It stopped at the ceiling as she held her breath, but no one entered the cell.

"Reveal yourself, Jedi" a male voice sounded from outside the cell door.