Prologue

Snow was falling heavily as a young man with raven hair, stood infront of a grave. The grave was covered with snow but the name engraved on it was clearly seen. As if someone had wipped the snow to reveal the name of Konoha's hero.

Itachi Uchiha.

His brother. His brother who had sacrificed everything so that his precious village could remain safe. The brother who had believed that the lone Uchiha could be redeemed.

It had been three years since the Fourth great Ninja War. Three years since Itachi died. And it had been two years since he visited the village and his grave. He wondered if anyone bothered to visit his grave.

His question was soon answered as he spotted some flowers under the white snow. He extended his hand and grabbed them. The purple lavenders looked a day or two old as if someone had just recently came here.

So there was someone who bothered to visit. Hn. He thought and couldn't held back the smile that creeped onto his lips. He payed his respects to his brother and wished him a Merry Christmas.

He started to make his way out of the grave yard but halted halfway when he spotted a woman with long blue-ish black hair crouched down infront of a grave. He recognized the woman. She was the former heiress of the Hyuga clan. His former classmate.

He noticed that she was placing purple lavenders on the grave, same flowers he'd spotted at his brother's grave. He stared at the Hyuga and found himself making his way to her.

He heard her talking when he came closer to her. "I wish you were here, brother Neji. The village has changed so much in this past three years. Even the Hyuga clan has changed. But they still use the caged bird seal."

Sasuke observed her as she went on, "I don't know what to do." She sighed and stood up. "I know you are watching over me, ni-san, so please help me."

She then felt someone's eyes on her and turned. She found Sasuke Uchiha staring at her. She didn't know what to do. She was quite startled. It's not everyday you find Sasuke Uchiha staring at you.

She found her composure and offered him a smile as she said in her sweet voice, "Y-you are back, Sasuke-kun." He didn't answer. She tried again, "H-how was your journey?" she asked.

"Hn," he let out his usual one word as his face remained expressionless. Sometimes Hinata thought that the Uchiha only knew that one 'hn' and nothing else.

She nodded and walked past him after saying, "Welcome home, Sasuke-kun and M-merry Christmas."

He saw her making her way to his brother's grave and put the flowers on the grave and payed her respects.

Hinata finished her prayers and stood up. She found Sasuke standing beside her as he stared at the grave.

"Why?" he asked in a stoic tone--- but with a hint of curiosity--- after a moment of silence; which seemed to startle Hinata a bit. She looked at him confused. Then understood what he meant. She smiled as she turned her attention to the grave.

"N-no reason. Just that n-no one visited. It seemed... lonely," she let out a small chuckle and continued, "I know that its just a grave and its suppose to be like that but still, it kinda reminded me of you. L-like how you were always surrounded by a crowd but always looked lonely. I feel that way too sometimes." She smiled at him as if she knew what its like to be alone.

Sasuke just stood there, never averting his eyes from the young Hyuga who he never talked to in his whole life.

He actaully never wanted to talk to her. She was a mystery to him. A puzzle he never seemed to solve. He would instantly know what other people were thinking just by looking at their faces but he never seemed to read Hyuga. She was always shy and quite that she was close enough to be considered invisible. Only her stuttering and fainting stopped her from being invisible.

Sasuke always believed that you should always be cautious about the things you don't know. And Hinata Hyuga was one of them. So he kept his distance from her and merely ignored her althrough out their academic years.

"I-I'll be leaving now," she said, breaking him from his trance of thoughts. "It was nice to see you again, Sasuke-kun." She bowed a little and left. He stared at her back with an expressionless face as usual.

Although he wanted to stay away from the Hyuga but he found her interesting and.....kind. Her gesture was really kind and he was happy to know that there was a person who cared enough to come and place flowers on his brother's grave.

With satisfaction in his heart and a little smile on his lips--- that was soon gone--- he made his way to the hokage's office to report back. Afterall, he had to leave again tomorrow morning and he had to meet with his old team too. They'd never stop if he left without meeting them.

So he continued walking towards the hokage's office in the chilly and snowy night.

*********************

Ok... So I hope you guys enjoyed the very first chapter of this story. Its my first time writing sasuhina fanfic, so I really don't know how I did.

So please feel free to leave comments and let me know your thoughts.

Next chapter will be out soon and it will contain a one year leap and the story will continue from there. Untill then, stay happy, healthy and take care. 

--stars_above12.