Chapter : 9

The next morning, after the night of festival, Hinata spent some time with Mister Kirishima and his niece, Misaki. She really didn't have much to do besides training and talking with the Chief as he told her more about her father. Hinata couldn't help but think how it'd have been if her father hadn't changed and remained his former self.

He then told Hinata about how he formed this village and how he met Sasuke. As he told before that his village which was near the Valley of the End, was destroyed by Akatsuki. Everyone in the village died but he escaped with his son and niece. Then a few years ago, he met some people whose villages were destroyed by the memebers of Akatsuki. So he decided to build a new village so that the people could have a home again.

But soon after the establishment of the village, the raiders attacked the village and they were unable to protect themselves but then Sasuke saved them. He protected the village and the villagers welcomed him with open arms even though they knew that he was once a part of that criminal organization that killed their loved ones. They wanted to start a new life and move on so they forgave him and thanked him for his protection.

Mister Kirishima considered Sasuke as his son, he treated him like his own son and in return Sasuke respected him as a father. Hinata smiled and felt happy for Sasuke. After sometime, she went to meet with Misaki.

Misaki was a good company too. She reminded Hinata of her sister, Hanabi. The girl was cheerful and full of joy and happy smiles, just like Hanabi. She showed Hinata around the village, they went to every shop and stall. She didn't bought much but she really enjoyed the time with Misaki.

After that, she did some training with Misaki and Kirito. Both cousins were amazing fighters and their teamwork was amazing. She trained her Hyuga techniques while waiting for Sasuke. But he didn't come amd it was almost lunch time. Misaki and Korito had already left. Now Hinata was making her way to the mansion. Her thoughts again drifted off to Sasuke.

She hadn't seen him since last night when they had bid each other farewell for the night. When she woke up in the morning, he was nowhere to be seen. She asked his former team about his whereabouts but they just said that it was normal for him to disappear like that. Hinata could only sigh and think where he'd disappear off to.

To be honest, she couldn't stop thinking about last night. Whenever she thought about it, a smile would always graze her lips. She didn't know that Sasuke could laugh that much. She had always seen him brooding, expressionless and stoic. He never smiled in front of her but she'd see his lips tugging upward or looking the other way to hide his smile. Yes, she noticed that. How could she not, she was a byakugan user, afterall.

For some reasons, it made her happy when he smiled at her. It did something to her heart, just like when she used to see Naruto from afar. She unknowingly let out a gasp at the thought of that and where it led. She shook her head as she could feel her heartbeat quicken.

Suddenly, a voice said, "Hyuga."

She let out a yelp as she was startled by the sudden voice. She turned around to see Sasuke staring at her. "Easy. It's just me."

"Sorry. I was thinking something," she said as her cheeks burned with slight embarassment, as she thought about her thoughts. She turned her face away from him to hide her reddened face.

She calmed herself down and then asked, "Where were you? I have been looking for you since morning."

Sasuke stared at her for a moment then said, "I had things to do."

"Is it about the mission?"

Sasuke nodded and then said, "We are leaving today. Let's go." He then started to head towards the mansion and Hinata followed behind him. Hinata was happy to go back to the leaf village but deep down she was sad too.