Chapter : 7

Hinata and the others stopped in front of a mansion. It was a traditional japanese home, just like her home back in the village but it wasn't as big as the Hyuga compound. Hinata spotted a sign next to the gates of the mansion, it read 'Kirishima.'

They entered the mansion and were greeted by an orange-haired man. He must be Jugo the other two talked about, Hinata thought. He started smiling as he spotted Sasuke. On the other hand, Hinata looked around the big courtyard. The pavement, they were walking on, was made up of fine stones and there was this big garden on the left side of the main house. New leaves in the trees could be seen as they rustled in the wind and the flowers were in full bloom as the wind carried their fragrance around the whole courtyard.

The fragrance of flowers reminded Hinata of her mother and how she did gardening in her little garden. That was her mother's favourite thing to do. When Hinata was little, she always helped her mother and watched her take care of the flowers like they were her small children. That thought brought a small smile on her lips. She looked up at front as the orange haired man approached them.

"I thought you won't be coming this year," said the man as he greeted them. Hinata had seen that man before. But where...? She couldn't remember.

"Well things happened and we ended up here," Sasuke said as he nodded his chin in Hinata's direction. Hinata noticed that and focused her attention on the man in front of her. The man greeted her as he also smiled at her.

"I am Jugo. It's nice to meet you, Hinata Hyuga."

Hinata looked surprised that he actually knew her name. She asked, "How do you know my name?" she said a little curiously.

He chuckled lightly and said, "I saw you and your friends during the war. You are a good fighter."

Hinata only smiled at him. Hinata was actually surprised that he remembered her after this long. Hinata snapped out of her thoughts as Jugo gestured to them to come inside.

He opened the door that led to a hallway with many doors at the either sides. They slipped out of their shoes and entered the hallway. Jugo led the way as he stopped in front of a door and slid it open.

"He is here, Kirishima-san." Jugo said as he bowed. They all entered the room and saw a man in his late forties was sitting down in front of a tea table as he sipped from his cup. When he saw them, his eyes lit up and a big smile made its way to his lips. He stood up and went to Sasuke.

"Oh Sasuke. My boy," said the old man happily as he patted Sasuke's back and went on, "I am very glad that you could make it. When I got your letter saying that you won't be coming, I was really saddened."

Sasuke bowed in respect as a small smile tugged on his lips. Hinata was surprised to see Sasuke bowing in front of a man and smiling. He didn't even do that for Kakashi. The Chief of the village must be important to Sasuke, Hinata thought in her head.

The chief's attention went to Hinata and he smiled at her and asked, "Who is this young lady, Sasuke? Her eyes indicates that she's a Hyuga." He said as he strocked his chin in thought.

"Hello. I'm Hinata Hyuga. Nice meeting you, sir." Hinata introduced herself as she bowed in respect as well. The man nodded at her and asked them to sit down.

The maids brought some tea and refreshments as they sat around the table. Sasuke and Hinata sat side by side in front of the Chief. Karin, Suigetsu and Jugo sat against the wall at their right. They all talked about some random stuff, about the village and the festival, Hinata aslo told them about her team and friends.

Kirishima was a nice person and a good chief who looked after his people and village, and took care of them like his own family. He wasn't anything like her father. They were completely opposite. After some time, Kirishima turned to Hinata and curiously looked at her.