Chapter : 3

Sasuke was finally enjoying a late morning walk in the crisp and warm sun. The looks people threw at him never bothered him, he was used to it anyway. He just ignored them as he and Hinata made their way to his apartment where the rest of the scrolls were.

Although they were still walking down the street, it was quite and he had not heard anyone shout in his ear. He was thankful that Hinata was not a fangirl and was not clinging by his arms and he was also thankful that she was quite, unlike his former teammates.

He sighed. He could walk around the village the whole day without a worry in his mind. The thought had just crossed his mind and a loud voice was heard from behind.

"Oye! Teme!"

Sasuke's eyes twitched but he managed to keep his face blank. Sasuke increased his pace as soon as he heard another voice.

"Sasuke-kun!" Sakura called out to him. He just kept walking, acting as if he didn't hear them at all and went on.

"Um... W-will you please... Slow down," Hinata said as she tried to keep up with him. Sasuke just kept walking.

He only stopped when an arm looped around his neck, halting him. Naruto was now nearly choking Sasuke as he angrily said, "What the hell teme! Stop ignoring us?"

Sasuke only looked pissed and annoyed. Sakura came running too and grabbed Naruto by his collar and he immediately let go of Sasuke.

"Let go of him, Naruto! Are you trying to kill him or what!?" Sakura yelled as she just went ahead and punched Naruto square in his jaw. Hinata winced as Naruto plopped down, holding his jaw. He let out a groan.

"Don't you two have a mission to go on? What the hell are you doing here?" Sasuke asked coldly and an annoyed expression was clearly shown on his face.

Now don't get him wrong. Sasuke cared about his team. They were practically his 'family' now as Kakashi liked to put it. But right now, he really didn't want to deal with all this. He just wanted to go to his damn apartment and eat some tomatoes while doing nothing.

He had been alone before while traveling obviously but that was different. He always had to keep his guard up and be cautious of his surroundings and all and hadn't had any breaks in a long while now. And when he finally had gotten a break, he just wanted to... relax and in an quiet atmosphere.

"Kakashi-sensei gave us the day off. He said that you were going to stay for a few days." Sakura said as she smiled at him. Naruto too nodded at her answer as he recovered from his recent injury. His eyes soon landed on Hinata who was fidgeting in the background.

She was debating whether she should leave or not. She felt so out of place there. Naruto noticed her and her hands. He unconsciously grabbed her hands to examine them.

"What happened to your hands, Hinata?" Naruto asked in a concerned tone, his brows slightly furrowed. Hinata blushed furiously as she tried to speak but couldn't get out a single word.

Naruto seemed to notice her blush. First he was confused as to why was she again blushing all of a sudden but then he realized that Hinata had feelings for him. He felt a little embarassed by his actions and let go of her hands. He scratched the back of his head. "Sorry..."

"I-I-I am alright, N-Naruto-kun," Hinata said as she dipped her head so that her bangs could cover her flushed face.

"Let me see, Hinata," Sakura said as she examined her hands.

After a little while

Sakura and Hinata sat across Naruto and Sasuke at a table inside a dumpling shop. They were all quiet because Sakura was treating to Hinata's hands and Naruto was watching them with a slightly concerned look. And as for Sasuke, he was quietly sipping his tea.