Chapter : 16

Only a second. That's what it takes for anything to happen. It takes only a second for a glass to break when it hits the ground, it only takes one second for a baby to cry when it comes into this world, only one second to realize that you are actually in love with someone.

And it only takes a second to realize that you are going to die in the next few seconds.

That's what happened to Hinata. As she watched her father coming at her with his palm directed at her heart, she realized it was that moment where Hinata Hyuga will no longer live. The time around her seemed to slow down, as if she had entered some dimension where everyone just stood frozen and only she could move and see what exactly was happening.

In that moment, that one second seemed to stretch for forever. In that moment, she saw her entire life flash before her eyes like a movie.

First thing she saw was her mother's long black hair. Her back graced with those black hair as she watered the floweres in her little garden. Hinata couldn't see her face in that memoery because she no longer remembered her face.

Then she saw the face of a baby girl, wrapped in a soft baby pink blanket as she gazed at her sister with those lavender eyes.

She saw her sister tugging at her training attire and asking her to play with her. She saw Hanabi's smiling face flashing before her, then her eyes, filled with tears as she thought that something happened to her when the village was attacked.

And that memory, those eyes full of tears, pulled Hinata out of her memories and willed her body to block her father's attack at the last nanosecond. Just as Hiashi's palm was about to hit her, Hinata used her own and slammed it hard on her father's arm.

Hiashi stumbled sideways due to the immense force, including his own and Hinata's, but he quickly gained his balance. Hinata jumped back, still not believing that her father was fighting her in a duel. She looked at Hiashi with pleading eyes as he whirled in her direction and again lunged at her.

This time Hinata blocked his attacks with her palms as Hiashi repeatedly attacked her. He still hadn't activated his Byakugan and Hinata was glad for that because once he used his Byakugan, Hinata knew for sure that she wouldn't stand a chance.

"Father..." she pleaded as she continued to block his attacks, "Please... I don't want to fight you."

As she said that, Hiashi took the opportunity of her distraction and hit her chest with his palm. She went flying back and stumbled to the ground. She groaned but quickly stood up.

Hiashi moved in her direction and said, "Weak... You are still that weak little girl. How pathetic of you. You can't even will yourself to fight back."

"Pathetic." Someone from the crowd spat.

"How shameful." Another voice said.

Hinata didn't care. She really didn't care what they thought of her. She would never harm a fellow clansmen, and this was her father who was standing before her, she couldn't even think of hurting him.

Hinata looked staright in her father's eyes and said firmly, "I won't."

"Then you would rather die?" Hiashi asked, his voice betrayed no emotions.

Instead of answering him, she jyst said, "You are my father."

Hiashi's lips pursed in a thin line and then he said, "If you are thinking I will spare a weakling like you just because I am your father, then you are wrong."

Hiashi looked at Hinata for any reaction but none came. She just closed her eyes and exhaled. He narrowed his eyes at her and without even wasting a second, he went for the kill.