Chapter : 12

The hospital room was completely silent but the voices of the people could be heard from the open windows. The sunrays pooled into the dark room as the sun rose over the horizan.

A soft whimper broke the silence of the room as the beauty sleeping on the bed woke up. She winced as she suddenly felt a throbbing pain in her head.

She sat up and leaned her back against the wall. Thats when she felt another presence in the room. Her eyes shot open and focused on the man beside the window.

"S-sasuke-kun?"

Sasuke stared at her with a stoic expression and appraoched her bed.

"I left you with the others where you could be safe then why did you go there?" he said with a steady tone but Hinata could hear a hint of anger in it. She turned her head away from him and looked at her hands in her lap.

"I am s-sorry," she said quietly and her voice broke slightly but she continued, "I-I was so w-worried that I c-couldn't just let it go. I-I wanted to b-be there... to help and... a-and now Naruto-kun i-is kidnapped."

She finished and now her tears were running freely down her cheeks but she then wiped them away and said, "I a-am sorry. I was so s-scared that something h-happened to---"

Hinata stopped talking as she felt a warm hand on her cheek. She looked up and saw Sasuke gently wipping her tears away. She just sat there and stared at him as her heartbeat raced at his touch.

Sasuke then met her eyes and said, "Naruto isn't dead yet. I know where he is and I am going to bring him back."

At his words, Hinata felt relieved to hear that her dear friend was not dead.

"So stop crying. Nothing will happen to him." Sasuke said but this time he didn't meet her eyes, he looked away from her and withdrew his hand from her cheek. Hinata looked at him confusingly but then she realized what he meant.

He then looked at the window outside and said, "I have to go now. The other Kages are already here and waiting for me."

He said and started to walk towards the door but halted when Hinata suddenly said, "Wait!"

He turned and waited for her to continue. Hinata played with her fingers in nervousness but then looled up at him to meet his eyes, her cheeks flushed red.

"I... I wasn't worried about Naruto-kun. I rushed there to... to help you. I was worried about you."

Sasuke's black orbs widened at her words and he was shocked but that shock soon turned into happiness and relief. His heart wanted to brust out of happiness but he was scared that she might have meant it in another way.

Nevertheless, he smiled at her and said, "Then say something optimistic for me to hear."

Hinata reamined silent for a moment, thinking what to say to him. He shook his head at her and stepped out of the room then Hinata blurted out quickly for him to hear.

"Then... I-I will wait for your return!"

Sasuke smiled as her words reached his ears. He said nothing, he kept walking and soon he was gone. Hinata blushed at what she'd just said.

Hinata then sighed and layed back. She couldn't help but worry about Sasuke. She just wanted him to come back safe and sound.

She wanted to stop him but she knew that he have to do this all and bring back Naruto to the Village. She knew all this but still her heart ached that Sasuke was again going to face them. She sighed and closed her eyes. Soon after she drifted off to oblivion.