Chapter : 11

He was staring at the beautiful woman who held his heart as she stared at her two friends. She held a sad expression all over her face. But still she looked as beautiful as ever. It wasn't her appearance that had drawn Sasuke towards her. It was her innocence and kindness that made her beautiful.

He was still staring at her, he couldn't seem to look away from her. He was waiting for her answer, although deep down he knew what her answer would be. She still loved him.

Sasuke saw her turn and he braced himself to hear it. But as soon as she turned, something hit them with a great force. He found himself being thrown across the street as everything around him went flying back with him.

For a second, he found himself being completely deaf and blind as his ears made an eerie sound and his vision was blocked by the smoke and dust.

He felt a sharp pain in his left arm as he stood up and took a look around him. Everything was destroyed. The shops and houses in that area were knocked down by the explosion. He saw bodies laying motionless around him, he heard agony cries all around him.

He then looked frantically around him to find his friends. He moved ahead as he tried to find the blue-haired kunoichi. His heart started to beat fast in his chest as fear crept into him at the possibility of Hinata being injured or worse...

He shook his head as he called out to her. "Hinata!"

"Hinata!"

He yelled her name again. He then saw Naruto. He had a protective arm around Sakura as he helped her up. They had minor injuries, nothing serious. He then again yelled her name again.

"Hinata!"

A movement caught his eye and he looked toward it and he found Hinata lying on the ground as she tried to get up but couldn't. He jumped toward her, "Hinata."

He crouched down and looked at her with a concern. "Are you alright?"
He asked as he helped her up.

She winced at the movement and said, "My head..."

Sasuke rested a hand behind her head as he said, "Come on. I am taking you to Sakura. She can heal you." He said in a steady voice.

She shook her head, "No. I am a-alright... We should help the civilians."

"You are bleeding," he gritted out.

"And you too." At that, he said nothing.

Hinata smiled at him to assure him that she was alright. But he didn't seem assured at all. But nonetheless, he sighed and took her hand to help her up. She muttered a 'thank you' and started helping the civilians.

Sasuke was worried about her but he knew that she could handle herself and other ninjas also showed up to help as well. So he then left her there to search for Naruto and others. He didn't want to leave her there but he had to find out what caused that explosion. He had some doubts about who might be behind this.

He tried to sense that ominous chakra but he sensed nothing. He didn't even sense anything when the explosion happened. He then sensed Naruto nearby and headed in his direction.

He landed beside him. He was currently talking with Kakashi. Shikamaru and his wife, Temari was also there. When Sasuke arrived there, Naruto said to him, "Do you sense anything?"

"No."

Naruto's brows furrowed as he said, "Where are they? The explosion couldn't happen on its own."

Naruto looked around him. Kakashi was busy giving orders to ninjas to search the entire village and its outskirts, and to go and tend to the villagers. Temari had already gone to Sakura in order to help the injured.