Chapter : 5

Hinata and Sasuke landed with a thud as they came out of the portal. They both were drained as none of them could move. Hinata, on the other hand, was having trouble breathing. Not because of the recent injury that she had sustained but because a certain someone was crushing her under his weight.

The situation was like this actually: when they came out of the portal, Sasuke landed on top of Hinata and he didn't even realize that he was currently on top of the poor Hyuga as he found himself drifting off to oblivion. A soft groan was heard as he opened his eyes slightly.

"S-s-sasuke-kun, you're crushing me." The lavender eyed kunoichi groaned out and a cough followed behind. Sasuke then realized that and forced himself to roll over. He was completely out of chakra after using his Rinnegan. He had covered a lot of distance from that temple to where they were right now. It was a random place in the forest that had popped up in his mind at the time.

He wanted to put a great distance between him and those pale bastards. They were strong. Sasuke could tell. Even though he didn't faught the other one but he could tell from his chakra that he was way too damn stronger than that Kinshiki Otsutsuki. Sasuke was already running out of chakra after he had exchanged Hinata's place with that stone statue. Hinata was just an excuse to back away from the fight, it was his Rinnegan that made him retreat. He still didn't have enough control over his eye. It consumed alot of his chakra whenever he used it. That's why he always refrained from using it.

Meanwhile, Hinata helped herself into a sitting position. She winced as pain surged through her body at the movement. Even breathing deeply hurt as she was running out of breath and tried to take a deep breath. She again winced.

She placed her hand on her chest and a faint green light glowed from her hand. After the war, Hinata had helped in the hospital where staff was really short at that time so she knew a little bit about medical ninjutsu. She could feel the effects as the pain in her chest started to lessen and her breathing became normal. She took a deep breath and exhaled. It still hurt a bit.

She was running low on chakra but she just couldn't bear the pain so she healed herself as she looked at the Uchiha beside her. His eyes were closed but the blood running down on his face didn't go unnoticed by the young Hyuga. It was his left eye, the one with Rinnegan, was bleeding.

She stopped healing herself and moved to where Sasuke was layed on the ground. She shook him and tried to wake him up. He groaned and opened his right eye slightly. He couldn't open his other one as it hurt too much, and found Hinata's concerned face looking down at him. He just wanted to sleep for now. She huffed out a relieved sigh.

"Are you alright?" she spoke in a soft and gentle voice, concern evident on her face.

"Hn." He grunted out.

"Your eye is hurt." She stated as she moved her one hand towards his left eye. But Sasuke grasped her wrist tightly as Hinata looked wide eyed at the Uchiha. He looked like he came out of a daze and blinked. Once. Twice.

"What are you doing?" he asked as he looked dead in Hinata's lavender eyes.
Hinata's wide eyes became soft as she offered him a smile.

"Trust me." There was only quietness around them with the exceptional sound of the leaves rustling in the wind and birds singing their melodies. After a moment of silence, Sasuke loosened his grip on her wrist but did not let go as he sat up into a sitting position. He closed his eye and that was the cue for Hinata.

Hinata's hand glowed green and Sasuke could feel his pain subsiding. His shoulders slightly slumped as he relaxed a bit. A soothing feeling suddently creeped up into his eye. After sometime, Hinata sighed and chirped in her sweet voice, "All done."