Chapter : 1

One year later

It had been four years since the 4th great ninja war. The world's nation were now at peace and were friends with each other. All because of a blonde knucklehead, Naruto Uzumaki.

Everyone was happy and glad that the world was finally at peace. No wars, no conflict between the nations and no more bloodshed. They all thanked Naruto for making it such a good place. Naruto was now a hero of the leaf village. Everyone adored him.

Hinata Hyuga was also happy to see the peaceful village around her and her happy friends. But she was sad too. Because she got rejected by her first love, the war hero; Naruto Uzumaki.

Yes, she finally confessed to Naruto but Naruto politely rejected her by saying that he still had romantic feelings for Sakura and he always saw Hinata as a friend and nothing more. That really broke Hinata's heart.

She thought that after their mission together on the moon, there was something that had changed between them but it was just her imagination.
He had saved her from Toneri not because he loved her, he saved her because she was his comarade and a friend.

He also said that he understood how Hinata felt because Sakura didn't like him back but he refused to give up on her so he was still trying to win her heart. Which Hinata thought was working, 'Cause on their gatherings, Sakura started to talk less and less about Sasuke and his travels. Instead, her every sentence would end with naruto doing something.

On the other hand, Hinata was trying to get over her first love but it was really hard for her. She didn't want to give up on Naruto but seeing Naruto trying so hard to get Sakura's love, she knew that she wouldn't stand a chance. So she tried to get over her feelings for Naruto. The key word: tried.

Today, she was going to Ichiraku's to eat some ramen with her team. Kiba and Shino had invited her to eat with them. They knew about her situation so they were trying to cheer her up. It made Hinata happy, knowing that her friends cared for her so much. A small smile grazed her lips.

As Hinata, Kiba and Shino were walking down the street to Ichiraku, they met Naruto and Sakura who were looking very happy and excited.

Naruto spotted them and waved. They waved back and started making their way to them. Hinata felt a little sad to see Naruto with Sakura even though she knew or atleast hopped that there was nothing between them.

Yet, she thought.

"Yo! Where are you two going looking all happy and excited?" Kiba asked as he rested his arms behind his head.

"We are going to the gates. Sasuke is coming back today!" said Naruto with a big grin plastered on his face.

"Yeah!" Sakura said with a little blush on her cheeks, "Infact he could be here any minute now."

Naruto nodded cheerfully and looked at Hinata and others. "You guys wanna come? We are going to Ichiraku next. We can all eat together, you know."

"Sure! We were going there anyway but if that bastard is coming back then let's greet him with a punch or two," said Kiba with a grin.

"Do you really want to end up in the hospital, Kiba?" Shino said as he settled his glasses with his two fingers. Hinata and the others laughed at his comment.

"Shut up, Shino!" They all laughed. Kiba looked at Hinata and asked, "Is that okay?" She nodded while averting her eyes from Naruto.

"Hurry up, Naruto!" Sakura yelled as she dragged him with her by the arm.

"Yeah, Yeah! I am coming! Slow down a bit, Sakura-chan," Naruto said a little pissed. "He's not going anywhere."

Hinata and others quietly followed them as they reached the gates of konoha.