Chapter : 14

He slammed the door behind him to show his anger and annoyance, as he left Hinata in the living room. He couldn't watch the look in her eyes, that look of hurt and pain. It pierced his heart and he really couldn't take it anymore.

He should have kept her distance from her, but he couldn't stay away from her. There was something in her that soothed his heart and soul. Her smiles were like a ray of hope for him, her gaze brought him peace and calm, her voice made his heart go crazy, and her eyes were the doorway to her soul which seemed to reach its hands out to his own and he wanted nothing but to let go of himself and just let it consume him.

But he knew that no matter what he do, he will never get her. She was a gentle and kind person, she had a tiny piece of sun inside her which seemed to brighten up the darkest days. And he had nothing but just darkness, an endless pit of darkness and he didn't want to drown her sun into his sea of darkness.

He didn't deserve her, she deserved so much better than him, she deserved someone who would keep her light alive, who will be as good as her.

And Sasuke for sure knew that he wasn't that 'someone' and he could never be. For the first time in many years, he wanted to belong to someone. He wanted to belong to her. He wanted to hold her in his embrace and keep her close to his heart and to never let go. But he was so afraid, so afraid to lose her. And the thing that he feared the most was that he might be the one to destroy that tiny sun of hers.

He was selfish, way too selfish to even want to keep her close and to hold her. How could he even think about it? He wasn't even sure himself when he was gonna flip out and run away again. He wasn't that kind of a man to stay in one place and most certainly not in Konoha where alot of his childhood memories were. The memory of his mother, greeting him whenever he came back from the academy. The memory of his father, his proud back facing him as he had uttered those words which Sasuke only heard him say to his brother.

'Thats my boy.'

The memory of his brother as he watched him train, as he poked Sasuke on his forehead. The memory of his family, sitting around the food table, eating their dinner while Sasuke happily telling his parents and brother about his day.

Those memories were as much haunting as they were beautiful. Those memories turned into nightmares in the night and a bitter past in the day.

An image of the Uchiha Destrict came in his mind. The streets were quiet and empty but the blood on the streets and the battered bodies could be seen in the light of the full moon. And the bodies of his parents laying motionless on the ground.

He closed his eyes and took a sharp breath at the memory as he layed on his back in the bed. Everytime he stepped back in Konoha, those memories would return with full force. Sure, he had nightmares even when he was traveling to the other side of the world but it was even more worse in this village. He wanted nothing more than to just leave as quickly as possible.

And yet...

And yet he wanted to stay.

It was weird and strange for him to feel like this, never in his whole life did he expect for himself to fall in... in love with a girl. Not after what happened to his clan. He wanted to revive his clan, ofcourse he had to marry someone but it was just for the revival of his clan, he never expected that he would want someone for who they were.

He sighed as Hinata's smiling face flashed before him. He furrowed his brows as he kept thinking about that woman. How could she have made such impact on him in such a short time. When did he even start caring for her in the first place? He didn't know.

He let out a shaky breath as he stood up. He had already made his decision and he wasn't going to back out, no matter how much his heart screamed at him to do so. He looked at the door and tried to listen to any sounds but he heard none, indicating that Hinata was long gone. A frown took place on his face as he thought about her. Her pained eyes and that beautiful face full of hurt.