Chapter 5

Loki's POV

I awoke to a crackling fire and my body aching all over. Hissing as I lifted myself up I looked around at this small mortal dwelling. The floor is wooden and creaked as place my feet on it. The walls where the same, wooden and as I looked around I noticed pretty much everything was calved out of wood. The crackle of the fire got my attention, the fireplace was extremely beautiful, with careful carvings and patterns.

Pain shot though my body as I stood up. I took a few steps towards the fireplace and traced the patterns with my finger. The heat radiating of the fire stung a little as my jotun side doesn't handle heat well. In the background I could hear a noise which sounded like a waterfall but it suddenly stopped. My guard went up and I instinctively laid quickly back on the sofa. Usually I would fight the pathetic mortal but I knew I was too weak to fight and now that my magic was low, I wouldn't be able recover to quickly and I am more vulnerable to injuries. If I had a weapon I would happily slit the pests throat. Unfortunately my body was so weak sleep soon consumed me.

Maria's POV

After getting dressed into some warm clothes, I walked into my living room. The man was still asleep and snoring. I took the opportunity to look at him closer. His face was fairly thin and his jaw line was well defined. His cheek bones where extremely defined and his black muddy hair framed his elegant face, his nose was slightly bent as if it had been broken at one point, which made me even more curious of where he had come from as fights don't happen very often around here, and if there is you always hear about it, even if it is just a small one.

His hair was covering parts of his eyes which annoyed me so I decided to brush some of it away. As I touched his hair his eyes shot open to reveal shock blue green orbs that looked like the sea after a storm. Gasping, I backed away I-I'm so so sorry !" He quickly got up at an impressive speed and pinned me against the wall "WHAT MADE YOU THINK YOU COULD TOUCH ME !! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THE SON OF LAUFEY !!" He moved in closer and said in a raspy angry voice " you are so lucky that I do not have a weapon or I would have slit your pretty little throat and ended you existence right now". His tone scared me but not that much. "Well I'm very sorry for RESCUING U WHEN YOU WHERE GOING TO DIE !" I screamed back but this only made him more angry and he pushed me up against the wood harder "you should have left me where I was ! You didn't 'save' me or 'rescue' me. You have no idea what your doing !"

"I know exactly what I'm doing and you should be grateful ! You would have died out there if I didn't take you in !! Now let me go !" "You think you've got away with this ? You haven't. Now if you'll excuse me I'm leaving" I didn't put up a fight I just smirked as the nearest town was miles away and if he turned the wrong way then he would surly die as no life is seen for hundreds of miles.

He noticed my smugness "what are you all smug about" I shrugged my shoulders "oh nothing " I turned around and whistled a tune as I walked to the couch. He opened the door and walked out into the blistering rain, not even 10 seconds later he walked back in "umm which way is the nearest town" again I shrugged my shoulders "couple for miles east" he let out a deep sigh and just stood there, staring at me ... Just staring. "What? Thought you would be gone by now, if your not leaving then close the door your letting all the heat out". I sigh as I get up and walk past him to close the door. As I walked past I got the ever so slightest smell of mint, leather and lavender but mud and wet dog over powered most of it.

One I closed the door I decided I was going to make a deal "right here is what's going to happen okay, you stay and let me tend to your wounds and I will guarantee your safety. I will give you the spare room and some new clothes but you have to make and buy your own food. You may be staying in my house but don't think for one minute I'm going to become your personal slave. you need to get a job to pay rent, if your going to stay here it's not going to be free , got it ?" I feel like this deal is fair as I don't have much to loose "hmm? And how would u protect me? I hope your realise the whole 9 realms are after me?"

What??? Panic signs started to appear in my head , "the whole nine realms ?! Why would the whole 9 realms be searching for you" I stated as I poked his chest on the last word which I expected him to flip and kill me but he let out a little laugh. "You really don't know who I am, that's good " "who ar-" "it's better off you don't know okay ?!" His sudden change in attitude frightened me but I decided not to press the convocation any further.

"So do you agree? To the deal?" He thought for awhile "sure whatever" I stuck my hand out to seal the deal and he have me a confused look "Shake it " he frowned "why?" I gave up and put my hand down "boy we've got a lot of work to do"

---------------------------------

A/n sorry if some parts of this are rubbish but it was 5am so I really hope you enjoy it despite that xx