Chap3 (family)

"Drive me to work on your way" Joshua ordered me, whilst helping me fix the table.

"It's not on my way, Joshua"

"Going to an event, not to the company. Got a very demanding client, this time,  that I; the boss, I need to be present"

"A woman?" I asked, pouring my tea in my favorite old mug 

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"You roll your eyes when you talk about your women clients"

"They are super demanding Amanda" he stated, pointing at me like he was trying to make a point.

"I know, they are women; our brains work for 24 hours a day, we want no mistakes and we change our minds all the time. After all, it was your choice to work as an interior designer, so deal with it"

"I hate you"

"Love you too, baby bro"

"I'm twenty-seven Amanda"

"And I'm twenty-nine, so what?"

"Hate that you are older than me"

"You shouldn't be the one to complain" Aiden, the youngest, twenty-four already, blessed us with his presence

I looked between the two before I spoke again with a little smirk on my lips "He annoyed you while I was gone, didn't he?"

"Trust me, these past five years, he annoyed the heck out of me" he said pouring water into a cup and gulping it

That made an evil smirk find its way to my lips when I looked at Joshua again "And you say you hate me. It's obvious that you missed me"

"Of course I did. Are you an idiot? Who wouldn't miss his family?" he muttered but it was loud enough for me to hear

"Morning kids" my dad marked his presence with his newspaper; throwing it right on the table beside the freshly made coffee I prepared for him.

"Kids? Dad, your youngest is twenty-four!"

"Look at your pants then talk Joshua" dad stated, before he sat right beside me, taking a sip out of his coffee.

"What?" Joshua looked down noticing he was still in his pajama pants, with his shirt, tie and suit jacket .. "Not again!" he sighs as he takes his leave from there up to his room

"Thank you for the coffee, honey. I missed this aroma" his familiar big hand ruffled my hair making me feel more at home than ever "Only you can do it"

"Good to know that, but don't tell mom"

"I was going to ask you the same" he smiled widely at me and turned back to take another sip but not before Aiden chose to be a rat.

"I will then" he said, putting his just made sandwich on the table "MOOOM!"

"Aiden" I hissed at him to which  he gave me his hundred dollar smile... Literally his hundred dollar smile, in other words; his smile means give me a hundred dollars..."So not happening, tell her if you want her to sulk"

"These five years made me forget that you are a psycho"

"Then I guess I have no other choice but to remind you" I glared for merely three seconds, as I was unable to maintain a serious face, I just grinned; truly looking like some psycho in a horror movie.

"It's good that you are back"

"Thanks, but you won't be saying that when I join hands with Joshua and annoy you"